My crush use to date my friend now he isn't should I ask him out?

So basically my crush dated my friend for 2 months the recently broke up and she dating someone else. Should I make the first move or leave it for a while?

Most Helpful Girl

• If it was recent it's best to stay away for now. He may likely still be getting over her even if he broke up or if it was mutual. It's a lot to go through and he may just end up saying no or worse... say yes and end up using you as his rebound to get revenge. I've seen people pulling this move after a break up and this will end up breaking your heart, not his. Please don't do this now. Even if you're dying on the inside about it... rather give him space and wait it out for a while.

What Guys Said 2

• I would wait a bit at least a couple weeks to a month before I asked

you should talk to your friend first and see how she would feel. many friendships have ended or been seriously strained because one person asked out a friend's ex.

• Your gonna wanna wait for a while but not for too long, you don't want anyone else snatching him before you asking him out. Good luck ;)

What Girls Said 3

• Your gonna have to wait but then again he mght see your sincerity if you say it asap, like you like him while he was dating your friend be sincere though good luck!

• wait some time and do tell your friend first.

• ask your friend I she is OK with it then ask him out two weeks after