Not sure if or how I should reply to this text

So l wake up this morning and get a text from this girl I've been talking to and who I like, basically she had a really bad day at work and vented about it. She then commented on a few non work things likely due to her being in a slight depressed mood.

Anyways the last part of the message is what is messing with me, she says "maybe you don't need to answer me but I just wanted to tell you how I'm feeling, I guess I don't want to hear anything just share and I hope that it makes sense"

Part of me wants to write her back with something like "Morning I've been thinking about you, let's hang out today". another part wants to acknowledge her message (not say it'll be ok) just "I'm sorry you've been having a hard time at work, if you want to talk about it I'm here" then there's a part that just wants to listen to what she said and just not say a thing... (of course from past experiences with women, often they say the opposite of what they want).

Anyways any advice would be welcome, I do like her a lot and don't want to screw things up as we are still in the getting to know each other stage (known her for about 3-4 weeks). Thanks in advance!

Well I thought about it and ended up just being empathetic and letting her know I'm here for her if she wants to talk and left it at that. Hope this doesn't give me a ticket to the friend zone but I felt that if it was something that was really bothering her she might need someone to hear her out.

Most Helpful Girl

• I think you did good. If you only said that you are there for her , then that's what she wanted to hear. What she didn't want to hear was comments on her problems or advice.

What Girls Said 0

What Guys Said 0