Seeing the same profiles in online dating years later, should I assume they'll be single forever?

I am seeing the same girls online that I have seen from years ago. I had a relationship way back and it did not last long so I took some time off and when I got back on, I am seeing the same people. Do girls go through the same thing?

Most Helpful Guy

• I remember messaging this woman on Match back in November of 2012. Sure enough, she f***ing blew me off (to be fair, she may have not even read my message, but it still hurt). What was hilarious was she saw me at a Barnes and Noble about a week later and asked if she could sit with me. Her profile is still on there, and every time I see her little thumbnail it says she's logged on within 24 hours.

She is a recent law school grad working as a defense attorney (26 years old). In the area I live in (a Southern California suburb), most of the guys our age are either surfer trash, Mexicans or college students. She is going to continue havinga very, very difficult time lol.

But yeah, I don't understand Match.com. I messaged two others girl and of course they f***ing ignored my messages. Then they made eye contact and smiled when they saw me at the beach. One even said "Hello" all nervously when she was with her friend. It's really weird, and it's why I only use the site to see who's single out there now, and I don't put my picture up or pay for a subscription anymore. Total joke.

• In my area honestly all the match.com girls seem to be huge "travelers" who want to "see the world" and then list all these continents and countries they been to and how they have so much more to see. I skip right over them.

• lmao, yeah that is almost mandatory in my area too. They all seem to be perfectly fit blond nurses/dental hygeniests/health care technicians, and upload a picture of their stupid dog.

What Girls Said 7

• Lol no I think they will eventually settle down with someone mediocre in their thirties . And idk I quit online dating

• it doesn't mean that, maybe they just like to see what is out there and try to find somebody who will reach their whole expectations

• Many people that people in online dating have very unrealistic expectations and when I read a lot of the profiles I believe it. The "shopping lists" are quite disturbing.

• Yes. I got back on match after a few years off and I'm seeing a lot of the same guys on there. Some even have the same profile and pictures.

• no, myabe they just like to keep their options open

• No one will be single forever. Everyone will find sineone eventually

• Serial daters exist and so do fake profiles. Why do you think a few years mean forever anyway?

• Because when I read a lot of girls' profiles they get extremely specific on what kind of guy they are looking for.

• Some people simply enjoy playing the field, so they do it for years before settling down. And looking online is easy and accessible so they continue to use that avenue.

Others get into relationships but go back to dating sites when they're single again, like you.

I don't think it means they'll be single forever, not necessarily.

What Guys Said 5

• 1. Could be they had created profiles on too many sites so they tend to forget about some / not too much of an internet person

2. Fake profiles / commercial interests

3. Serial daters / poly-amorous / open relationship

4, Could be players too - can't deny that possibility though it's least likely

5. There could also be those who actually 'go through the same thing' :)

personally I don't read into it much, if I notice that my girl has a profile anywhere, I may just ask her w/o intimidating her or pointing a finger and most likely I may not even ask

• It doesn't necessarily mean that they'll be single forever. They may have just stopped visiting the site or may have met someone either on the site or somewhere else and just not closed their profile. It's kind of a different situation, but how many people still have accounts here on GAG, but under "Last seen", it says "Over a year ago". I have a couple of friends who opened accounts here, but they've never closed them.

• Lol same. I made pof and okcupid profiles years ago and every so often I still get email alerts. And I go check and the same people are on there

• When I read the profiles I get the impression that they're expectations are way too high.

• I've met some of those in person. One who has a match profile. She had a kid with someone who disappeared on her and moved in with someone who beat her up, has an ex who works at her job. Then she meets someone on match, gets sexual, then books a hotel room with him on date 2, screws, gets feelings, and starts venting to me 2 weeks later that she has not heard from him.

• You know how to pick'em. Same here. I get the crazies.

• UGH! I hate this...

The girl I was with for 7-8 before she broke it off with me is still on okcupid...

Can't believe it frankly...

• ive been on POF for 2 years? and have gotten BARELY any messages and I'm a cool guy