Is it too soon?

is only dating someone for 9 months to soon to be married to that person?

Most Helpful Guy

• Depends on the connection and communication levels. It is possible, especially if you are in frequent contact despite the everyday activities of your job and/or school. However, if your both students, I'd suggest waiting till after graduation. Plenty of time to learn more about each other before marriage.

What Guys Said 2

• Neurochemically, yes.

The brain goes through several hormonal/chemical changes during love. After only 9 months I'd fear that you're still in the infatuation stage, and have not yet moved onto the attachment stage.

Give it some more time, marriage is a big deal and you don't want to rush into it in any case.

• a bit soon, IMHO(!), but I've alsoo seen succesfull mariages after a shorter time.

What Girls Said 1

• It just kind of depends on the couple. I would advice against such short relationships but then...I met my husband in September, started hanging out with him in October, dating in November, talking about marriage in January, engaged in February and married in April. That was seven years ago and two kids with a third on the way, and we are still pretty hot and heavy for each other. So who knows. We laugh all the time because we are the kind of people who don't believe in soul mates, and when you add up all the divorces amongst our parents and step parents we definitely were not in the most likely to succeed category but things seemed right from the beginning so maybe some people just know.

• See with us it's kind of the same situation we met in november and started dating in late december and by february we were talking about marraiage, and became officaily engaged in april, we plan to get married in october, and I love him deeply but in the back of my mind I have doubts and think maybe that's too soon, because what if it's not the same once we are married and living together..Do all engaged people have these doubts or should I really listen to my doubts