Why do only younger women seem interested in me?

At 27 years old, I think this would be a problem most men would envy but I consider it quite a problem. I can't remember dating a girl that was older than 4 years my junior since high school. I made the mistake of marrying someone 18 yo when I was 23 that obviously didn't work. I'm seeing someone that is 21 now.

I don't consider myself immature. I am a college graduate, employed as an engineer in a "serious" job. I don't go to trendy clubs and I don't play dating games. The age isn't so much the problem as the attitude it seem to bring. I'm past those days where I want to go out and get "blasted". I don't want to be with someone who is bored during the day and texts insistently because they work retail at night. Someone who lives with their parents and are not in school or have any noticeable goal with their life.

I approach women my age and older, and it just never seems to turn into anything. The women I do date are what I consider solid 7-8's so I know I'm not totally undateble. I dress presentable, 90% of the time in chinos and boots. I'm just at a loss of what I need to do to attract more age approach women?

There have been a few questions about me looking younger than my age. I can assure you this is not the case. I'm 6', 160# so fairly in shape. I also always have a thick 5 o'clock shadow and some grey hair so I don't think I look particularly young, but not ancient.

I approach women that I know the same regardless of age. I'm more attracted to how outgoing, funny, or kind they are. And of course how good they look, but I certainly don't consider 27 yo women too old to look great.

Most Helpful Girl

• Most guys your age are dating girls in their early twenties...so older women often think that guys are just trying to sleep with them while lusting after a younger body. I am 30 and would totally date a guy who is 27, though, if he seems like a good guy. (In fact, I was doing so for over a year and a half until just recently ... we broke up for non age related reasons). It's just a matter of finding single girls who are open to dating a younger guy. Most girls don't do it because they're afraid that he will leave her for someone younger. In reality, anyone can leave you for another partner, so finding a good person matters a lot more than a few years. That being said, I wouldn't date a guy who was too much younger than I was for maturity reasons (though I'm not comfortable dating guys who are too much older, either).

• Also, you are cute and seem interesting ... I would totally flirt with you if we didn't live so far apart ;)

• So, your argument is that other men have ruined women my age before I get a chance to get to them? Corrupted their faith in manhood, seems possible. But these women are dating SOMEBODY. Could it be just that the odds are better for younger girls who look to date people within 5 years of their age, compared to older women who open up their options and date people within say 10-15 years of their age?

• Not necessarily other men they've had experience with or even just men. Just that women are always told that men are visual and that they aren't very valuable after their mid-twenties. I personally prefer to date someone within 5 years of my age at 30, for example, but I am pretty sure it's not a reasonable desire so I will HAVE to date outside of my preferred age or stay single.

What Girls Said 19

• maybe if you can't meet straight up strangers, try meeting people through mutual friends

• Probably because the 27ish year olds have learned the hard way why it's a bad idea to date random men.

Get to know them first then ask them out.

• I don't approach random women, I'm speaking of people I interact with on a normal basis. Either through work or mutual friends. I'm actually pretty reserved and could never walk up to a random person and start a conversation.

• Good: ) Do you look a lot younger than 27?

• Maybe , you should try looking for something different than the people you usually go for , it really doesn't matter about the age because someone 21 could be more mature & stable than some 33 . If you approach short women all the time try tall , if you approach skinny women all the time try curvier , lol they may sound like trivial things , but sometimes even the little things you look for in a person when it comes to relations makes a big difference.

• I'm not surprised, you're Goooorgeos

• Ha! Well thanks. 18 is a little too young for me though ;)

• Who says you're more attractive than the question asker?

You don't even have any pictures of yourself on your profile

• lol, he's that poster who says women always go for looks. Chances are he's a bitter ugly dude who's trying to put the Question Asker down

• The 21-31 is a hard age range for dating as around this ages it is difficult to specify what age exactly a guy is . Any girls tend to go for older guys as there is maturity and a sense of security and life experience.

• Maybe you come off as too friendly to younger people? Hmm. That's the only thing I can think of :).

• Maybe the girls you date like mature older men?

You have a babyface?

• Maybe you have a baby face?

• maybe there is something that you are portraying that you don't notice that makes them want yu

• you are their type?

• Just be flattered

• Well younger women do like older men sadly

• 27 is one of those ages that not a lot of people aren't single or interested in people their own age let along a lot women are concentrated on their careers since they have had time after college to let take off. Ages similar to these but not necessarily involved with the career part are 14,15 ,18, 21,22-28 ,39+42 .On your case this odd case continues until 29.There are women out there just not in the normal you go to such as bars or a friend of friend and even stuff like Facebook. Trying going to weird places like parks and coffee shops. They way you dress is just right because , it shows that you don't want to just mess around like most guys.

* I know this because my friends and family members are always older than me ,more around your age.

• Try to hang out with older looking men or hit on women 25yr+

• Consider it a compliment

• I used to have a hard time with this and sometime still.. I'm 28 but I don't look my age, I used to really get offended when people say you look like you could be my kid or whatever.

• Ya I get over looking younger sometimes its an advantage

• maybe subconsciously you are attracted to them... or maybe you look young... are you short and thin? You say you don't think you are immature but what about inexperienced? Women can tell this...

• I would say no to all of this. I'm 6', 160# so fairly in shape. I also always have a thick 5 o'clock shadow and some grey hair so I don't think I look particularly young. I'm not a casa nova, but far from inexperienced. Like I said, I was married at one point and I'm currently dating.

• If you look at most dating websites, the majority of men only want women who are younger than them. Or if they are willing to entertain the idea of a woman older, it's usually a max of 3 years. I'm 38 and have run across this a lot!

• Young women and teenagers are attached to older men naturally because of the fact they are edjucated, finalcaly Stable and somtimes just all around sexier. If you fall in one or all of these catagories that's probley why.

• Yes, that is true. But it doesn't explain why only younger women and not women my age are attracted to me. I seems like a universal truth that women are attracted to those qualities regardless of the women's age.

Seems like the world is askew when a 19 yo is running their fingers through my hair commenting about how sexy my salt and pepper greys are but I can't even get a 25-27 yo to hold date plans.

• U must be the cute type ,shy and quiet

What Guys Said 6

• I have no way of helping since I fail to see this as a problem.

• You should stop complaining and count your blessings. There are guys out there who wish they had women interested in them I'm one of them. And you already answered your own question you act immature and have a good job which is an engineer.

• You have to work at it man. I am far from a ladies man, but I put myself out there without being obnoxious.

I said I DONT consider myself immature. I don't think anyone that knows me does either. I was working full time jobs before I graduated high school and have already been through one marriage.

I just don't think its unreasonable for me to want a partner that is a close complement to me; job, life focus, private house/apartment, can LEGALLY drink, etc.

• I gave up years ago women are not worth my time if I already know, I'm gonna get rejected and laughed at. Every girl/women on here who said I was cute or good looking are all liars. I bet if any of them saw me in person they would run away in fear.

• be thankful that a female is interested in you and us ugly guys are hated by all women

• I have that happen to me too. I am going to be 27 tomorrow and all these 18-21 years hang around me or try to talk to me. I've read the peak sexual attractiveness for guys is their late 20's, so maybe that has something to do with it. I look older than all their classmates but young enough to still be "cool" perhaps?

• If I were you, I wouldn't date anyone younger than 24. Seems like girls 24 or older are more sane.

• You're well off! Enjoy dating younger girls--realistically, the ones your age are not going to be any more mature, they're just facing the wall so they are forced to act the way many of them act. I'm saying this as someone who is always getting attention from women older than me, haha.

And when you date younger women, like a 21 year old--they're going to much more likely look up to you, respect you, and sex will actually make them attached to you, lol. Go for it!