Have you dated your best friend?

Have you ever dated your best friend? How did it turn out to be? Was it what you expected? Worse? You no longer talk? You're still together? I've known my best friend for 9 years now and we have openly admitted we like each other in the past and that we were each others first loves. We had a conversation about dating and he's said he's been happy whenever my relationships didn't last because he's felt like we were meant to be but we both agreed we wouldn't want it to end badly and didn't want to risk that so we never tried. In a way I would still kind of like to try. What was your outcome?

Most Helpful Girl

• Hi lol to tell you the truth , I and my boyfriend were friends before we dated. It's been 3 years of our relationship now it feels absolutely great especially to go down the memory lane and reminding each other of what happened before you dated. :)

As for your side, it's been 9 years now. You guys know each other that well and you're definitely on a right space to date. I say go for it but don't forget to listen to your heart - this might be the your husband , who knows anyway? Lol.

Good luck

• Lol aww that's so cute of you and your boyfriend. I feel like more good than harm can come from trying and your story is proof of that, so thank you.

What Guys Said 2

• Sort of, it was my first time asking a girl out and it was my best girl friend. It lasted a week LOL. Plus we had no physical contact, so its like nothing happened. We are still friends.

• yes I did. but then he left me for a woman. can you believe that?

What Girls Said 2

• no, but I have wanted to.

• no, but I want to