Why do I have more luck meeting guys that like me online then in real life

Not like dating wise but in real life in my town where I live boys don't come up and talk to me they think I am not attractive enough. But online on like meetme/tumblr/etc I have chatted with some nice guys and I keep wondering how come guys don't come up and talk to me in real life but online it is different? I don't know I might just me thinking weirdly or this might sound stupid since meetme is described as a site where creeps reside which is mostly true but seriously does anyone think that?(online chatting and real life chatting why it seems people are more attracted to you over a computer than in real life)

Most Helpful Guy

• typing a text message is way easier than walking up to a girl and starting a conversation ... you may think "hey, I'm the same human being" ... true, but let me illustrate the situation for you from a shy boy's prespective

you see a girl somewhere ... attractive ... you look at her ... she looks back ... you feel like being caught red handed ... end of the story ... you have to understand: a really shy boy might actually feel guilty for just looking at you ... and now you are talking about a conversation? in this lifetime? ... OK might be a bit too drastic ... but I bet you get the point ...

now, not every boy is shy ... but it also might not be the right place ... you may seem to busy ... lots of reasons ...

online you don't sit in front of a living person, which may help the shy ones ... you feel more protected if you are at home and it's not the whole room watching you and commenting about how you are being rejected by a girl that seems to be way out of your league ...

so yes ... there are many differences in the situation which may make it seem easier ...

What Guys Said 3

• some people have more success online , some more in real life . whatever reason you don't get a lot of male attention in real life but do online , maybe you made a really good profile that works for some reason

• You're asking why anonymity without fear of embarrassment is easier to achieve? Hm. No idea.

• because you cannot really know someone from the internet. you miss body language and facial expressions as well as tones in their voice. Its a good way to meet people, there might just not be any interested guys in your area and anyways shy guys have it easy online I prefer it. Why go get all worked up about trying to talk to a girl when all you gotta do is leave her a message and see what happens. Online dating I think is the future to meet people but not a means to replace anything but that. I think online you are more free to say things and more open to expressing yourself.

What Girls Said 5

• easy. it's easier to talk to people with the anonymity of a username. Don't you feel it's easier for you to ask this question online (and you went anonymous too! So double anonymity here!) than, say, if all GAG members were to gather in a large group and you speak up and ask?

• I sometimes feel like that too, at least I feel like the guys that I find attractive want to talk to me more online than in person. I get guys that talk to me but not the guys that I find attractive.

• People are more outgoing online since its not face to face. They might get nervous in person.

• because online they already know you are looking for something.

• because everything online is easier than in person