FEMALES ONLY, would you date a 20 year old guy that lives with his mom?

FEMALES ONLY. I'm 20 years old and I'm looking to get a girlfriend, I'm very educated and intelligent and I have a steady income, is living with my mom a turn off? I have my own room. I'm usually a happy upbeat person, but I can't live myself I hate sleeping in an empty apartment by myself it makes me too lonely, living with my mom I don't feel lonely. And my dad died years ago so I'm just living with my mom.

Would you date a 20 year old guy that lives with his mom?

In the past girls have been cool about it but what do you girls think?

Most Helpful Girl

• Yep. I'm also 20 and live with my mom. Can't afford to move out and the average age to move out is 26 now. Sad but true.

What Girls Said 9

• Oh hell no. I'm sorry, you seem like a nice guy, but that is a turrrrrrrrrrrn off. What girls you have dated have been okay with this? You don't ever want to have privacy, be romantic with your girl friend? Plus, it makes you come off as a momma's boy, even if you aren't one. No disrespect, just IMHO

• yes, I would that wouldn't be a deal breaker for me

• yes, I am 22 and still live with my parents

• yes, I'm 20 and still live with my parents too.

• yes, because I still live with my parents

• It depends how you put it.

Simply reading "20 year old guy that lives with his mom", I was thinking, yeah, that's not a problem at all. He probably wants to save money to be financially stable before he moves out. Smart thinking.

But then I opened up the question and read your reasoning behind it and thought..."no."

Your reasoning behind it makes you sound like you have "mommy issues", which I'm not saying that you do, you probably don't.

I don't think any good quality girl would care that you live with your mom. If it's for the right reasons. When dating and you bring up that you live with your mother, even if it's a little bit of a lie, just say that you're wanting to save up to become financially stable. It's an excuse to live with your mom and it makes you seem mature. Do not say it is because you feel lonely. That comes off wrong to girls.

• Sure, why not. There are other worst things. Not a deal breaker.

• Let me think...

No.

• just you and your mom, that sounds nice. I am 21 and live with my mom, three brothers and a grandma in a tiny house. I would date a guy I feel connected with, oh also living with your parents(if its a comfortable situation) is much better for saving money, who cares what society thinks.

• oh and + my dad... and dog... it's "cozy" LOL

What Guys Said 4

• I'll throw my input anyway. You should find it helpful. I also made a question just like this one before and got many interesting answers. You might want to look through those comments. I think debates even started up in it.

It depends. Honestly, this isn't something people really make much of a big deal with until around 25+ and it is more of an independence thing. Honestly well-intended girls want to know you're building a future. The ill-intended girls are just looking for a way in to mooch.

I dated a girl who lived with her parents and she was 22. The thing is, her parents literally ran her life from the moment she got up until she went to bed and they butted in on every situation she got into which made our relationship very difficult. She even gave her paycheck to her family. They would even prohibit her from staying over my place. She couldn't even sleep over my place. Due to her parents restricting her from getting a car, all the burden was on me and I had to dump her.

The thing is, I wouldn't rule all girls out because I know many can live with their parents and not have the same problems. I rented a floor from my parents house years ago and did not have such problems.

• I'm about 22 and still live with my mother...at our days it's much more common to be even 25-35 and live with your mom...though it's not such a good thing.

• a little advice: get a prescription for tamoxifen which will take of a bigger problem for you than living with your mom.

You'll thank me later.

• I know you said females only, I am not trying to butt in to be a jerk, but I thought is was important to point out that it really depends on your situation. If you are going to college to make something of yourself, and not just mooching of your mom a lot more girls would be willing to overlook it. If you are not trying to improve yourself while living with your mom then most girls will not be so accepting.

Unfortunately a lot of losers don't want to move out and take care of themselves and women may worry that she will end up having to take care of you like a mother would. That is why it is important that you show the girl you have ambition, and prove you are not one of those guys.

It is important that you have a plan for the future and that you are working toward it. Once a woman finds that out, a lot more women would be willing to accept your reason for still living at home.