Why do people listen to PUAs and belieive them?

I'm talking about male and female PUA's.

All the advice sounds like the tactics Johnny Bravo and Pepé Le Pew used to get women. The tactics for women are no better, they range from acting like the grandma in Red Hot Riding Hood to acting like a ballerina that uses interpretative dance to attract a guy. Simply cartoonish and unrealistic.

Do these tactics actually work? Or do these men and women just learn how to pick out people who are interested in one night stands and casual sex?

What is your take on PUA's?

Do you think they actually benefit people?

Do you think they are more prevalent in hetero or homo dating?

These people just sound like nut jobs who have never socialized or talked to another human being a day in their life. Completely out of touch with reality.

This applies to all spectrum of the dating world. Hetero, Homo, Pan, est.

Most Helpful Guy

• I think that PUA's can be smart and crafty, albeit slightly perverse. Really all they are, are psychologists and sociologists using their skills for themselves.

Do they benefit people? Well, deep down we all realistically want sex. I suppose they fill a part of that requirement. I suppose the PUA tactics also benefit those who have had issues in the past with the oposite sex because a lot of it is really about self improvement and enhancement.

Why do people believe them? No matter how pessimistic you are, we're all optimists when it comes to someone showing interest in us.

Id imagine theyre more prevalent in hetero dating for two reasons:

- larger percentage of the populace are hetero

- main emphasis is on men decoding women. I mean you don't need to use many tricks if you're trying to attract your own gender. Just do what you find attractive if you swing that way.

What Guys Said 3

• I've only seen material from maybe one or two of them, but it seemed as if the main focus was just getting guys into girls' pants. I subscribed to one briefly, but even with the very minimal dating knowledge I had at the time, I couldn't help but think "this is stupid. The only thing these guys are concerned with is 1) getting girls in bed and 2) getting them into certain...positions."

• "In the beginning was Game. And the game was with the natural alpha, and the Game was alpha. And the natural alphas created the world of pickup, and they saw that it was good..."

Just a piece of a really good post on Game and its origin the PUArtistry. I highly recommend it link

• give me 10 minutes and I'll bet I can get in your pants.

• I don't have any hang ups about casual sex. If a guy can show me proof that he doesn't have STD's, won't murder, rape, kidnap, or rob me, Then I'd be willing to have SAFE NSA sex IF I wanted to. Hell the keys to a brand new car or a suitcase full of money would even do the trick. That's a gross over simplification, but Unless I'm dying of aids I highly doubt my last words would be "I should have had less sex."

• thousands of dollars wasted on pua classes when all I needed was a suitcase of money? god damn it.

• HELL YEAH! especially if its a silver suitcase! that's always been a roleplay fantasy of mine, hell maybe even a borderline dream. A Hot sexy guy in a suit with a briefcase full of $100 bundles. Just sets it on the bar. Then slips a card with a Hotel room number, key, and walks away. Man that's Hot!

What Girls Said 4

• because some do help epople out

• some of them hold some truth in them

• well I think that matthew hussey isn't about tactics more about being more assertive or whatever. I think he can help.

• i believe only one of them