I'm 18, never had a boyfriend?

Or been kissed, or even been on a date. And I'm 18, graduated from high school about a month ago. Yeah, I know. Not good. But I am not going to college in the fall, I'm waiting until the winter semester. (January) But how bad is it to be an 18 year old girl and have like no experience with dating, kissing, or relationships? I've liked a couple of guys before but nothing happened because I just knew they wouldn't be interested in me. I used to be so shy and never talk to anyone in school but halfway through high school I started talking to more people/friends. Still, no guy was interested in me. Now I will be starting college, with no relationship experience whatsoever. What do guys think about girls like that? Also, I am kind of a nerd. As in, I like reading and video games. A lot of guys probably want a more girlie girl but I'm just not like that. Soo, am I just like a loser or what? By the way, I know I'm not the prettiest or anything. But I really can't think of anyone I know that hasn't had a boyfriend, or kiss.

Most Helpful Guy

• Certainly not the end of the world!

High school is absolutely meaningless once you graduate. It doesn't matter what happened to you in high school, or if you even went to high school. You shall realize that shortly.

I know I'm going to get flak for saying this...but the real losers out there are the ones that cling to their high school after they graduate and never move on. Ok, I know that some (read: very few) people meet their true love in high school and get married...and maybe some of the time, it actually works out. Not often.

But most people trying to cling to high school come off as very sheltered, because high school really is that small compared to the real world. And I went to a high school with 3,000 students too. Trust me, you've been playing in a bath tub up until now. And even if you sat in that bath tub rather than pretending to swim, it won't make one bit of a difference when you get into the real ocean.

Trust me, a lot of those pretend swimmers are going to drown. Now that high school is over, it doesn't matter how many boyfriends your friends have had. They're starting from scratch. You shouldn't be comparing yourself to them anyway. Prepare your own destiny.

Also, being a nerdy girl kind of makes you like a rare book. You just don't know how valuable that makes you yet, because you haven't met any rare book collectors. Trust me, there are plenty of guys going out of their way to look for nerdy girls, because they're really not easy to find. Girlie girls are everywhere. No one hunts for them.

The biggest issue you're going to face in the future is when you suddenly have the attention of several guys and don't know how to choose.

What Guys Said 6

• You're still young, don't worry about it. And like what the anonymous dude here said, inexperience isn't a turn off.

• well if you really wanna kiss go to a party. but that isint the fun kinda first kiss.

and every guy I no would love to have a girlfraind who would wanna sit and play video games. but whetever you do just play it slow. it will be your first time just anjoy it all

• this is not the time for you to make a boyfriend. it's the time to play with barbie doll

• I bet you will get your first boyfriend before 25

• You certainly have several traits I would love in a woman. You are clearly not a slut that is going to run around cheating on your boyfriend with every guy you see. I would love a girl that could share my love of video games, and books, instead of the country girls in my area I have nothing in common with. Most of the girls I meet look down at guys that play video games so the fact you share that interest is a big bonus for me.

You do have some serious confidence issues that you need to address. You can never know true happiness if you don't learn to love yourself. Other than that you sound fine.

• Inexperience for women is not a turn off.

What Girls Said 8

• I too am 18 and never had a boyfriend, kissed or been on a date.I just graduated from high school last week. I too am shy and yes I love to play video games but I also have an extreme girlie side. I've had my opportunities to go on dates but I wasn't interested in them. Sometimes, guys would get their friends to ask me out for them so I thought they were just trying to be funny or scared of me.

Unfortunately, guys mistake shyness for being cold and aloof. You seem like a nice and interesting person and you need to come out of your shell a bit. When you go off to college, join as many clubs that interest you. You might open up with people who have similar interests as you.

• Oh god sweetie, I know what you mean. It was the same with me. I was a nerdy and unattractive girl (or I least I thought so) at high school and I was always friend zoned by the guys I liked. Meaning, I didn't have any experience regarding dating, kissing, flirting, etc. I thought it was going to be different at college but it was a bit of the same. HOWEVER, recently I've changed my attitude and I'm trying to be more outgoing and friendly and I've met guys and I finally got my first kiss.

I know everyone is always telling you: " your time will come, be patience" and for a while that annoyed me because I never thought that would work for me, but they were right. Just be yourself and be happy with who you are and from nowhere you'll meet someone :)

• I'm gonna be 17 soon and I've never had a boyfriend or my first kiss either. It doesn't make us losers at all. There are still some people our age who haven't had there first kiss or dated you just have to find them.

• dont worry about it

• Im 20 and I have only kissed guys, don't worry.

• You're not weird.

• you are not a loser for it

• your time will come, don't worry, you are not a loser if those things haven't happened ot you