Do you like arranged dates/relationships?

My sister is setting me up with a friend of hers, and this isn't the first time I've been set up with girls.

Frankly I love it. I mean, if I'm not interested, I can say "no". But it alleviates many problems:

-Cheesy pickup lines or awkward approaches which give superficial first impressions.

-It's one person seeing two others in the third-person, rather than me in the first person, and a girl in the third. We often compare out behind-the-scenes to others' highlight reel.

-It feels more natural. Supposedly, in pre-agricultural history, the central group of women would arrange men with girls they thought were a good match. We often confuse ourselves with what we want, so sometimes a little 3-party perspective helps clear it up.

I feel like it's an odd thing to prefer, but it's usually worked out pretty well. Much more relaxed and personal, rather than superficial.

Do any of you have stories about arranged dates? How did they go, and how did you feel about them.

• Arranged dates rock!
  • Somewhere in the middle! Yeah!
  • Arranged Dates suck!

Most Helpful Girl

• I don't really take them seriously. the only time I will go is if a friend is already dating a guy and his friend asks if she has any friends. then if I have nothing better to do and he doesn't sound like a complete troll I'll go. but I've never had an experience that worked out especially well where we ended up really liking each other.

What Girls Said 4

• Nope I cannot stand em

• i dont

• C, I loathe them

• no, I hate them

What Guys Said 1

• It depends on who is setting you up on the date, and if the person setting you up really understands you. My family would set me up with really boring girls that I had nothing in common with. I think this is because my family never really understood me. My friends understand me a lot better so they have better taste in my type of girls.