How to cheer up upset boyfriend?

So my boyfriend and I have been together for a while and these past couple of months have been long distance. He just texted me saying he's really down right now but with no reason at all. I said there has to be a reason you're down and he's like I don't know I feel like crying for no reason. This is the first time I've heard him wanting to cry in the two years we've been together! I don't know how to make him happy since I obviously can't hug him right now or see him. Something obviously upset him and he doesn't want to talk about it. In the mean time what do guys like their girlfriends to do when they're sad? Do they like long meaningful I love you texts like girls do or is that too sappy for guys?

Most Helpful Guy

• His feelings don't necessarily mean that something upset him and he doesn't want to talk about it. It's entirely possible that he doesn't know the cause or even that it doesn't have a specific cause. I think your idea of a long, reassuring love note sound very helpful for this. He doesn't sound like the type to feel that this would be too sappy.

What Guys Said 0

What Girls Said 2

• well hug him and tell him you are there for him then try to take his mind off the problem.

• give him a bj