Guys need help with persuading my ex to give me another chance

Hey guys need help on this one. I've recently asked my ex that I had been with for 8 years to try and work it out. He has not answered me about this at all. I don't know if this means he is thinking about it or just torturing me with the silent treatment. But was wondering are there things that can make him think more on the trying side? sweet text messages? like "have a good day at work"? something like that. "goodnight"? Is that too much? He is coming back with our children from vacation this weekend and bringing them back to me. He loved mybaking. thought of baking something for him to bring to him? Again, too much? Or good? Need tips!

We have been broken up over a year now. He has not dated since we separated. I left him.

Most Helpful Girl

• Its a tough one and honestly relationships are hard and its hard going through break ups and getting back together again. He is probably feeling overwhelmed and gun-shy, the only way he doesn't feel hurt is by not confronting the issue at all, hence the silence treatment etc. Give him the space and time to think and miss you. It is hard but try to do other things, read books,take classes that distract you from him for a bit. Improve yourself, date yourself for a while. Then set a date with him. A date when you both decide what to do. And this should be a formal date...you don't talk until then. And on that day you dress up, and you talk to him. In that time, you also think about whether you truly want him back. There are many issues you'll both need to deal with. Are you both healed to give it another shot? Or do you move on.

• The problem with "not seeing him" is we see each other on a weekly basis due to our children.

What Guys Said 2

• what makes you think the issue that broke you up isn't there anymore?

• Doesn't matter. He is the father of my children. I want to be with him.

• It DOES matter, if the issue is still there, you will not be able to have a healthy relationship where BOTH you and him are happy...

• You should just bake him. It's not doing too much.

What Girls Said 3

• I don't think you can persuade a guy to get back together with his ex.

• I've read your comments below and are you saying this is the third time you broke up? Well, I think it's probably best to finally move on and accept that it's simply not going to work. Also, you seem to think you can persuade a guy to come back. Maybe you can, but it isn't going to last (as you have seen with your own eyes, since it keeps going to hell). You may be able to persuade him to come back, but you cannot persuade him to stay. If a guy wants to be with you, you don't have to persuade him in the first place.

• just move on, let him decide for himself