How do you get over an ex?

I knew this guy for several years and we finally decided to date. While he was visiting me, I saw him texting another girl that he eventually went to visit. When I asked him why she didn't like him kissing other girls (according to her messages) he told me I was being overly jealous and broke up with me.

Sometimes I wonder if I overreacted or was I right to confront him about these messages? I am having a hard time getting over it, how do you get over an ex?

Thank you everyone. It really helps me realize that what he did was wrong and that I need to move on. You are all absolutely right and thank you again.

Most Helpful Guy

• You had every right to confront him. There is no excuses when it comes to validating your reason to bring this up with him. You did not overreact but your thinking too much of giving him excuses for the break up. He was being ill considerate of your feelings by blatantly stating you were jealous. I believe you should live day to day and not think about his harsh words. Your clearly a loyal woman and one whom questions the loyalty of others - this is valuable in life because it is a moral compass that guides who we talk towards. I recently went through a break up. Although I am not and trying to get over her, what I do is remember what was fun in the relationship and not let it destroy my days. If it was meant to be, then good but if it turned out this way, there are no use in fighting a one sided affection.

Good Luck

-Nicholas Halden

What Guys Said 1

• by getting someone else + just letting time do it's thing.

What Girls Said 3

• He was a cheater! keep yourself really busy and focus on bettering your life.

• no, you didnt, he is an ass

• you didn't overreact, he was cheating on you.

mainly its just time that helps. you'll realize how you're better off without him and that you deserve a better relationship than that.