Girls, would you date a guy who lives with parent and has no car?

Just curious. I live in England and things are expensive here. I had driving lessons a while ago, but had to stop due to being unable to afford lessons.

Also, I live at home, mainly due to financial issues again. I work part time because the jobs are scarce around here due to economy. I am not trying to make excuses though.

I just curious what you girls think?

By the way, I am 24 years old. This is another reason why I'm worried about being judged.

Most Helpful Girl

• Yes I would because money and items does not mean a thing when it comes to a good relationship, yes it does limit the alone time when living with parents but even when the government don't start their crap again people go through hard times and it would be shallow to say to guys "no I won't go out with you because you haven't got money and a car" I think if a girl says that her expectations are way too high, relationships are meant to be about love and working as a team not treating them as a burden for not having money or a car. I was friends with a girl who would say that to guys and well.. to be honest she won't even be friends with you if you've not got a job because she's convinced your just a scrounger lol this is what these women are like just hard work, all the guys she has been out with pretty much called her bad names, not surprised I found out myself she isn't a good friend ether when she expects me to have a job to be her friend so she won't be seen as a scrounger lol ridiculous, avoid these type of girls as they want you to treat them nice but even in these hard times they refuse to believe there is no work and tell you if you not got money and a car your useless I really hate it.

What Girls Said 33

• My question for you is, could you be a great boyfriend living with your parents and having no car? Do you feel comfortable looking around and seeing how other people can give their girlfriends things that you can't? Honestly everyone deserves someone and some people aren't ready. Me, personally if I were a guy I wouldn't even consider being with someone until I know as a man I can support myself without having to ask her to pick me up or buy me things. I would feel very unworthy knowing that other men and do a better job.

• That depends on the girl that you're looking for. Personally, I feel that only a shallow woman would judge you for your situation without trying to understand you first. Living at home with your parents and not having a license doesn't say a lot about who you are, right? It doesn't mean anything. At least, not to me. What do you think matters most in a decision to date someone? Money? Compatibility? Physical appearance? I feel that if someone genuinely enjoys your company and loves doing things together with you, that should be reason enough ^_^ And financial status has nothing to do with that.

Would you be turned away from someone who was in the same boat as yourself?

Also...do you think that the reason why you worry about this is because you're ashamed? You might not be ashamed, but I think that if you are...don't be. It's a hard world to move forward in with the way the economy is.

• Yes, I would.Honestly Everyone Have To Start Somewhere to get to a better place.As a Woman We Should Stand By Our Man Through Thick& Thin, Just Like Our Man Would Do For Us. But If You Have That Woman That Won't Stand Beside You Through This Moment Then She's Not A Keeper. Hope that helped (:

• Right now I would be fine with it. Not a lot of guys my age have cars or live away from their parents.

At your age, I'm not so sure. I plan to have my bachelor's degree (and possibly even my master's if I bust my ass) by the time I'm 24. By then I hope to have a good job and a life on my own and I don't see myself being with a guy who isn't in the same or similar place in life.

But the no driving thing where you live is pretty common, isn't it? If I end up living in a place where driving isn't essential, then there's not really a point where I could see myself turning down a guy because he doesn't drive.

• No. The living with the parent thing is okay at my age (19/20) but the no car? I want to be able to go places and meet for lunch and whatnot. Can't very well meet for lunch if you don't have a car.

• A person that you want to be interested in you will definitely be smart enough to understand your financial struggles... struggles that most people our age are facing right now...

I'd have no problem with it as long as he made an effort to see me even without a car...

best of luck to you man!

• For one I only judge if I know the facts and truth. And two: if a 24 year-old lives at home with no car because of financial issues and NOT because he was lazy, then I would not care. I would fall in love with a guy who works hard, has morals, loves me for me and knows how to have a good time. So whether or not I would date a guy all depends on his personality and the reason why a guy lives at home and has no car.

• Yeah I would date him. So long as he doesn't use me and use me as some form of cash cow and is independent on his own, then I am happy. As long as he treats me with respect then that is all I care about. Possessions mean nothing to me. But I just don't want him to think that I am his taxi, his atm, or use my house as a daycare center. He better get his arse to work. Yeah I would draw the line at unemployed. He should be independent and I will be independent.

• I live in the U.S. but I wouldn't mind as long as he is OK with taking public transportation with me!

• If he has a job, the fact that he has no car and lives with his parents wouldn't matter to me.

• why not?over in my country, people only move out of their house when they plan to start a family ie buy a new house and as for car, it is not a necessity to me in a small country like mine. everything is accessible here. property prices are very high so if we can stay with family I don't see why not?we can contribute our share to the household

• My ex is 24.

He did have a license but no car.

Lives at home.

Works 3 jobs.

I liked him for him.

If a girl likes a man, she will date him regardless.

Don't worry about being judge over that.

Situations improve over time.

• .As long as you're not sitting in your ass all day, I won't mind.

• yes I would if I like him

• ya I would...theres always public transit plus not everbody drives and that shouldn't matter if you care about the person...

• If a girl likes you she wouldn't mind. If you have ambition no circumstance like that really matters to a girl.

• I don't think that money will be an issue...(for me at least). I wouldn't appreciate though the fact that u're not studying, not working(or are u?u didint mention anything) or doing anything to evolve...

• As long as he isn't too dependent on his parents, and has his own life out of the house... I'm fine with it. The economy, is currently in bad shape for many. Some girls like a guy with more independence, but others are indifferent.

• If the man is 24 and not in college or working as an entrepreneur no, because he isn't doing anything for himself. His lack of possessions doesn't bother me though.

• yea so what if you don't have a car and live with parents. I thinks its nice for a guy to live with parents that's show for me he's good guy :)..

• Well I've been dating my boyfriend for almost 2 years, and he's lived at home as long as I've known him so that's not an issue. It'd be a bit hypocritical of me if I didn't considering I've lived at home for the past year.

As for the car, it would really depend on where you live. If its in a place with great public transportation then I probably wouldn't care. In college, I barely used my car because taking the bus was easier and cheaper. But where I live now, its a huge inconvenience to not have a car, and I would think it would get tiring having to drive him everywhere, or be the one always putting in the effort to see him. So this one really just depends.

• I'd be really sick of taking public transportation with him everywhere we go. I'd hope that he's still a student if he lived with his parents.

• Not having a car is a turn off. It's too inconvenient. I hate it when I meet a guy but he doesn't have a car. It's just always better to have your own transportation, you don't wanna always be picking someone up especially if you don't know each other well yet. I know someone's gonna say "well you can get to know him!" but it just makes it more of a hassle

• I am in the same situation. I have an education, I'm 26, and I'm at home. The economy is terrible and my degree is in the technical field! Jobs are extremely scarce and I am lucky to live in the Washington DC area.

I have noticed that it is hard for me to date as a female because I don't have that comfort to do as I please and entertain at my own place. I can't just have dates come over for dinner or watch a movie. Instead, he has to put up with my family :/

I can understand your situation and I guess as a female, I probably would be a little put off by your situation, but honestly, what can you do? Perhaps take this time to save up what money you can get and save to continue school. I'd say focus on school if you can because everything else will fall into place after that.

• it depends, if he has a legitimate reason to be in that situation I wouldn't care

• I'd be open to it, but our combo would be quite depressing... if he is optimistic and making change and we can support each other then it may work. Currently I am in the same situation and very depressed... I just suffered a knew injury so its even worse..:/ but my depression is not as bad as it used to be... but I really don't wana get close to anybody I feel gross and I don't want to date anyone who is like me because it would be pathetic and depressing... My standards are high because I feel like I can get outta this mess... hopefully.

• dont worry I know times are hard even here in the states. my boyfriend still lives at home, but he does have a car and he's 26. you will find someone that isn't bothered by it

• I would have to think about it but maybe.

• lives with his parents at 24 no thank you.

• No, because I still live at home and have no car as well. But as long as he had a job or was going to college, I wouldn't care that he lived at home.

• More from Girls
    3

What Guys Said 0