What's your views on interracial dating?

I've been interested in white men for a long time and my friends have known for a while. I've dated black men before but I can't help that I find myself more attractive to white guys. My black friends now recently have been telling me that they feel as though black females who date white men are weak. But then I asked, why isn't it weak for you to be dating white women? They believe its a different situation. I think interracial dating is a beautiful thing. So what do you think?

Most Helpful Guy

• If women date men of another race that leaves less women for the men of your race. If the men of your race date women of another race that creates a bigger dating pool of women. Basically they are just being selfish and very likely have a problem with white guys. It wouldn't surprise me if these same guys got an extra thrill from being with a white woman as a means of disrespecting white guys by taking their women. They may also feel disrespected every time they see a white guy with a black girl. That is just typical racist attitudes, and nothing to be surprised about.

I don't care about interracial dating at all. Just date the guys that make you happy. A weak woman would date who she was told to date. A strong woman would date the people she wants to date. These guys clearly can not be objective about this.

What Guys Said 10

• As they say, variety is the spice of life. And interracial dating does provide plenty of variety. In my experience, dating across races is actually much less of a big deal than dating across cultures. It's a harder to communicate when there are cultural differences that aren't obvious on the surface. Bear in mind that you will probably have more success if you speak a common cultural language, regardless of the others' race.

One more thing: I've really liked the biracial children that I've met. They have a unique perspective on life. Also, their parents tend to be a lot accepting than most.

• Of course, I'm attracted to black women myself so I'd be a hypocrite if I stated I had a problem with it. Guys that have issues with girls of their race dating other guys are insecure.

• I see no problem with dating who you want - race is not and should not be an issue. Does the guy make you happy? If yes, then you are doing it right. I've dated both Caucasian women and mixed women... and came to the conclusion that I like women. As one of the other commenters said, the weak woman or man is the one who dates the person they are told to, the strong woman or man dates the person that the want to.

• As a white guy, I have dated black girls in the past. I think its foolish for someone to limit their life based on color, even the people who want to date only interracially. I date anyone who I have a connection with; black, white, Asian, Hispanic, whatever. Key being that I know there are good white girls out there too so I don't automatically dismiss them.

• People can date whoever they want.

• i think cause black girls see white men as better providers. white men see black girls as willing to be submissive to men, more willing to serve and bear children.

• Im ex was brown. I don't have any problems with dating someone interracial

• Why would interracial dating be better than dating your own race? More likely to have similar backgrounds, morals, customs, etc.

Oh, and black guys date white women because they get a kick out of it... makes them feel like they finally accomplished something in life, haha.

• hmm That's going to be a lucky white guy.

I think they do that because they want all girls to prefer them. Right now, white girls are put on a pedestal and most black guys want them. Many white girls return that favor, of course, but I've noticed that if a white girl says she's not really interested, they kind of pester her about it or call her racist even though they are almost exclusively searching them out. They get mad when you try to date out because they want to keep you in their back pocket. They might also have contempt for white guys and that's why they don't want you to date them and why they chase white girls so much.

• haha a very lucky guy.

Why do you think white females are put on such a high pedestal? And by who, society?

• The people running stuff. For instance, white girls have to be the main woman in a show or movie most of the time. I don't watch much tv, but I see a lot of promos when I do, and it appears that any time you see a black guy, he'll either be with a white girl or he'll be single and mostly date white girls. That's anything other than like Tyler Perry stuff. That's the case even though there are more black-black marriages/relationships than bm-ww relationships.

• I suppose it's partly because white people are the majority and have been promoting themselves for a while. Since they've been seen as the top of the food chain, many other groups like them and have continued to either knowingly or unknowingly promote them themselves.

• If you want to date other races, you should. That's what I think.

I'm white and I date interracially.

What Girls Said 9

• double standards, huh?

How is a black girl attracted to white guys weak? Weak as in...? Not loving your own race? So what? In today's world, only small minded racist people care about race and color.

I'm Asian and I'm very rarely attracted to Asian guys.

• I've heard all kind of hateful stuff about me liking Caucasians it's pretty sad because all the hateful words came from black people :-/ I tell them this "guess what.. in the end I still get to pick who I want to date"

• wait...so you're a black guy who likes white women? Just wanted to get that right.

I know, I like white guys mostly, and while my Asian friends don't say hateful things, I'm sure some of them think "she's only in it for the money, to get visa, etc etc." In the end, I can only pity the small-minded people and don't give a sh*t, because I'm the one who knows my motivation and if someone wants to judge, they can judge all they want, it's their problem, not mine.

• Haha yea my friends say stuff like I'm in it for the money too, but I don't see how since we're all broke college students

• being the product of it I guess I support it by default

• I think everyone should mind their own business and let people date whoever they want to date

• If two people like each other nothing should stop them.

• It's whatever

I'm not pro nor am I against. People should date whoever they like or fancy

• You should date whatever you want

• your friends are stupid, date whoever you want!

• I think interracial dating is fine. I don't think black women who date white men are weak-that's just a bizarre comment. -_- I think if two people like each other a lot and/or are really compatible and really happy with each other their skin color shouldn't matter.

• I've done it twice, so clearly I think it's fine. Haha!

I really see no problem with it, it's not better or worse than a couple of the same race, it's just another couple. People are just people :-)