Went on a date, but don't want to see him again?

He picked me up (mistake), and we went to get a coffee. I knew instantly he wasn't my type. From pictures, he looked decent enough, but in person he was a little bit 'skuzy' looking. Just not my type. Nice guy, but no thanks. I treated him well and everything, kept a conversation etc. What do I do if he messages me?

Most Helpful Girl

• Just straight up tell him. Don't play mind games and make him guess. Just let him know that it was nice getting to know him but that you're simply not interested in having a relationship or more dates with him.

There really is no way to do this without hurting his feelings or self-esteem (if he's really into you) so just do it as nicely as you can. It would be worse to play around and not tell him how you feel. Honesty is the best policy.

What Guys Said 5

• Just tell him honestly your not interested. It's a good think you were nice to him at least, and not mean and snobby to him.

• You can reply and be polite, but just don't agree to see him again. I'm surprised Alanaaa; have you never done this before?

• No.

• Seriously? You've NEVER had a guy interested in you who you don't want to see? I'm a bit skeptical. . .

• :D:D what's "skuzy"?

Anyways. If he seems like a needy or sensitive guy, you're better off to tell him you had a good date but he's really not your type and to "let's just be friends". It's a much nicer let down than being ignored, also he won't be too let down if you just don't really become his friend, at that point it'll be clear.

• well, we know now that women are shallow

• Just be polite, but do not make any further conversation. He should catch the hint fast, not to worry though he could very well not message you either. We realize when a date went bad.

What Girls Said 8

• Just tell him the truth. The worse thing you can do is lead him on or not be honest with him. Tell him he's a nice guy, but he's not for you.

• Rejection happens sometimes. It's a part of life. So don't feel bad about it. He'll get over it and eventually find someone he's more compatible with.

• Please, just tell the poor guy the truth. Don't lead him on. I had a friend who was in the exact same situation with the guy you dated. Tell him that you are not interested.

• Here's what I do: I get really busy. Like maybe I'm working extra shifts or my schedule has changed. No reflection on him, life is like that sometimes. You could be brutally honest, but... why? It won't help him out any- probably it would just hurt his feelings, and there's no reason for that.

• Let him down easy.

• just tell him, I just want to be friends

• just tell him, I am not into you sorry

• just tell him you didn't feel a spark, be honest.

• just tell him you are not interested