Why are black women the least likely to marry interracially?

According to statistics and what was said in the "Dark Girls" documentary, black women are the least coupled group. And yes, even Asian men(keep in mind Indians/Middle Easterners/Eurasians are Asian) are more likely to marry or date interracially

This question gave good point of views:

link

Why is this? Let's be honest without being rude or hateful

Most Helpful Guy

• where I live there are very few non white races. In the city becuase they have colages and more stuff there are more non whites.

I've only worked with one black chick who I had a crush on but never got the currage to ask her out.

I take a while to figgure out if I want a relationship with someone or if I jsut admire them, she was only on the job for a few weeks so I didn't get past answering that question.

if I met the right girl/woman that I wanted to marry I doubt her skin color or race would effect that.

Off Topic: I've also had a crush on a half Indian girl before too.

What Guys Said 5

• Well, thinking about this rationally, I'd have to guess that black women get asked out less or get proposed to less or black women reject proposals or guys approaching them more.

• Well, for starters, I'm pretty sure black women are very unlikely to marry PERIOD, never mind interracially.

• Its called preference. It is not illegal to date someone of the same race.

• I never said it was illegal. I'm just asking why...

white men are the most likely to date or marry interracially, particularly with Hispanics and Asians.

Simple question. No need to get defensive

• You are missing out

• Not really...especially since I'm happy with him

• Likely because the media makes men think black women are only interested in meeting black men. Men tend to avoid asking out women that we think are not going to be interested in us in order to avoid the pain of rejection.

• I doubt that's the case, as shown by the responses to the question I linked

• There was several other similar posts made, that where anon, maybe they were the same guy or maybe not, but claiming that I am the one that brought it up is nonsense. If you don't agree with me fine. I don't appreciate your accusations.

• I'm not making any accusations

• Because they don't want to

• According to the responses in the Q I linked it's not their choice...lol

And the amount of Qs from black chicks on here asking about white guys

• lol Can't go by the girls on GAG. All of them are drawn here for some reason. This place is an anomaly as far as that goes.

What Girls Said 5

• I like white guys a lot. As an black girl I have run into the issue of the men I date not having courage to date me openly. We have to be careful since some white guys may only see it fit to have sex with us but nothing more. I personally want to marry so if a guy isn't brave enough to be serious with me I have to take him less seriously. I do prefer white guys, just wished the ones I liked wanted to be with me for real.

• Hmmm that's strange. I don't know where you heard that from? I've seen many black females date interracially. Despite statistics, I have seen dozens of black women dating interracially.

Maybe some black women don't date interracially because they just really love black men or love the idea of a black family and black love. Idk, maybe it's influenced based on where they are from and they feel more comfortable dating black men because usually you can expect every other ethnicity of man to be racist towards black women even mixed people who have black in them. I'm really not sure. I can't speak for these other women whom I've never even met. Speaking for myself, I love dating interracially but I tend to never be interested in dating white men because I would never trust them. I expect white people to be prejudice, ignorant, and racist at some point . I expect them to make racial jokes and comments and insensitively not understand why they're not funny. I expect them to fight tooth and nail that racism no longer exists because it rarely if ever exists from their seat of privellege. So beause of that I feel I could never relate to them and feel fully comfortable with them.

• I asked a black woman once why black women don't tend to date white guys. She said that the average black woman doesn't find the average white guy attractive. I realize this is just something one person said but maybe its true. Perhaps a lot of black women just don't find men of other races attractive. Good question.

• I love Italian, middle eastern, even blondes so delicious! I even found a few Japanese guys cute. Heck nerdy, or not. I like guys of al races. I am an equal opportunity dater. And I am a black girl too!

• i think it is because there is more in the media about black men dating white girls and not so much about black women dating other races

• Least likely? Five of my friends are black and they married white men.