Girlfriend disrespectful?

Well, I've been dating this girl for a couple months now and this issue has been happening for the past month and a half. Mind you, we were seeing each other for a few months before I asked her out and we were friends beforehand and once we started dating, its like her behavior changed, we started texting less, talking less but when we see each other, everything is sweet and perfect and we're pretty affectionate towards each other. She always claims she's going to "call" me or "text" me but usually ends up forgetting to call or calls an hour late and never texts me...Ive told her that communication is the most important thing in a relationship and we've had two talks about this and the issue keeps happening ? feels like I'm being taken for granted, she knows I had other options before dating her, one of them being her friend (I know what you're thinking but I had no idea they were friends at the time) and I know I can replace her but I'm willing to make it work but just seems as if every time she forgets to 'text' me or 'calls' me, just seems as if she doesn't care about the relationship at all. thoughts? should I leave ? tell her to fix up her act ? cause I really don't like people who don't follow through with what they're going to do, if you're going to call me, then do it, don't have me waiting for a phone call

Most Helpful Girl

• Don't make yourself too available. Saying that "don't have me waiting for a phone call" means you have nothing better to do then think about her all the time. If she doesn't give you a reason that she's cheating then don't go and assume. The truth of the matter is, you are both young and you are doing a lot of things with your life at this age. If she's taking you for granted you kinda brought that upon yourself by making yourself too available to her. If you are always there, then she knows you will always be there. Usually it's the women who want to communicate with the guys all the time. but in this case a relationship should be at an equal. If you are giving her more than she's giving you then maybe you should look for someone who is ready to get on your level. Give you what you need and deserve. Maybe she's not really for that type of commitment yet, and it seems like you are, so whatever you decide to do just make sure you're doing it base on what your gut tells you.

What Girls Said 1

• play a little bit hard to get.

What Guys Said 2

• Honestly, get rid of her. I would not be surprised if she only went out with you so you didn't choose her friend. Girls are very much like this. They feel that if a guy chooses someone else, they're not good enough, so in this case she probably only committed to you so you did not choose someone else. I would honestly dump her.

• maybe you should make the move to texting her?