Can you date a cousin who's not blood-related?

I just call her "cousin" because what she actually is to me is long and complicated, due to the fact we know each other due to marriage, not because we're blood related. Is it frowned upon to date a cousin who isn't blood-related?

Most Helpful Girl

• its not if you just met her and didn't grow up and taken each other for relatives.

What Girls Said 5

• well there's nothing wrong with it genetically-your offspring won't have issues,but they're still a cousin through social bonds-and that kind of pushes the ''if your sister is adopted,it's okay'' thing. if it doesn't bother you,fine,it is legal.

• my brother just married our blood cousin. but a few times removed and they only met once when he was 14.. shed liked him ever since. he's 30 something now.

• that's fine.

• as long as you didn't grow up as cousins

• not blood related its fine but if everyone else thinks she is your cousin socially it will be a problem.

What Guys Said 2

• Sure ya can. I marreed my cuzin. we already had the same last names so we figgered it wood be eesier. to bad my sister wern't better lookin!

• Quite fine.