GAG! What are your opinions on taking a date/girlfriend to see fireworks?

I'm dating this girl an we only kissed for the first time last week but now that in sure she likes me I want to take her to see fireworks that my town puts on every year on Canada day. They do it in a spot where there a nice hill that a lot of people sit on with blankets and snacks to enjoy the show. Ever since ever I always thought its be a nice sort of romantic date type of thing to do. Curl up in a blanket with your girl and watch massive explosions, maybe makeout during or after. sounds pretty good to me but what are your views on it?

• Good
  • Bad
  • Other (please explain your answer)
So turns out the plans got ruined via my friend who promised he would **** block me at any cost if he didn't come with me... So I just ended up telling her I might see her there :/

My friends being a really needy ass

Most Helpful Girl

• A, it would be really romantic.

What Girls Said 19

• What kind of friend does that?! Is there absolutely no way that your girlfriend could bring a friend of hers that might hit it off with him? Firework dates are wonderful and it would be a great idea to take your new girl out on one. I've only been on two, but it's something I miss every time I have to watch them alone now lol.

• But that just proves he isn't your friend! He does not deserve to get you to do what he wants! :/ Shouldn't you make it clear that your girl is pretty important?

Well good luck...

• He's knows she's important to me, he's been putting up with hearing about her for the past year or so. Would I equally not be his friend if I ditched him for the girl? It works both ways

• Tell him that this is important to you and that you need him to do you a solid and just please let you off the hook this time.

And it sounds like a perfect date(:

• He's very moody and will be mopey for weeks if I go without him this time. He's all down cause it seems like I do well with ladies where as he struggles a bit.

• Why don't you tell your friend to take a date too?

Don't let it ruin your plans, that's a sweet thing.

• Oh I've tried, he's too difficult. There's a girl he likes who's kinda friends with my girl and he's too scared to ask her cause he doesn't know her. You gotta get to know someone some how. With any person you know there was a point where you didn't know them.

• That'd be so sweet and romantic, go for it!

• Awwe definitely romantic!

Good luck :)

• That sounds great! I love fireworks although it sounds romantic the loud noises wouldn't aide in setting the mood, and the smell after is a bit strong, but after all that happened you could make out or whatever. Pity your friend is a **** block.

• very romantic and sweet. lucky girl! :)

• unless he wasn't good looking

• Lol thanks man... I'll have you know I'm thought to be a strapping fellow around my school so I don't think we'll be worrying about that ;)

Regardless Looks are only half the battle

• strapping fellow lmao :D

• Sounds romantic to me

• I like the idea;) rather than sticking to conventional ones like movies, dinner etc. This is more relaxed and allow more interaction and it is romantic

• Very cute.

• i love fireworks so i think its a great idea :D

• i think that is nice

• id love to do that...if I had a boyfriend for fourth of July!

• I think its a great idea! I'm jealous I don't have anyone right now, making out under fireworks is so romantic :)!

• Thats so cute ! What's even cuter is the fact that you took to GaG to see if it was a good idea. Even if it was a bad idea (which its not) she would love the effort that you put in. Yay you !

• That sounds lame in my opinion

• very fun and romantic:)

• i think that would be lovely

What Guys Said 5

• I find the results interesting lolI guess you can kind of make conversation.

• It's quite good, and for a change.

• Seriously? Your 'friend' promised to **** block you?

That's not a friend.

• It is a friend, it's just one who's all down cause he's having lady troubles -.-

• screw Canada day , screwed up my gym routine . I wish I wasn't ugly

• Go for a jog then, good cardio and enjoy the weather. Canada day also means lots of people are out, many of those people being female people. Maybe you'll run into some amazing girl and end up dating her. You may think you're ugly but someone out there finds you attractive, don't count yourself out that's the worst thing you can do and what will ultimately drive women away. Be confident and be fun

• Lol oh... Uh take annon off yours and ill messege you

• I just figured out how to change mine. Messege me whenever

• Go for it such a good plan mate. good way to get close and keep her warm