Anyone here really liked someone but felt compelled to act like they didn't care about them much?

why and what happened?

(someone you are not yet dating, or someone you are dating, or someone you are in a relationship with)

Most Helpful Guy

• there's a girl I work with she's 21 with a boyfriend and I'm 29. so there's the age thing I have to think about as well. most I let myself do is smile back when she does and check her out because she's very beautiful.

• good news and bad news.

Good: I don't have to pretend I don't care any more.

Bad: today was her last day of work.

What Guys Said 6

• Yeah but then I realized she didn't feel the same way and was talking to some other guy at the same time so I didn't want to waste my time on her anymore.

• Yeah junior year I was really into this girl who was a freshmen, and I didn't really do anything because I didn't know what to do/chicken lol. And I didn't notice her obvious signs until later on when she started dating some guy.

• Yes (she is someone I'm not dating). I did it because I realized she didn't like me the way I liked her and she wouldn't even be interested when I was talking to her. So I acted the same way towards her.

• Yes, to get someone I like to like me more. that's how smart people play the game when they know somethings up

You try the 'people want what they can't have' move

This is usually a sign that theyre not as interested so you need to act less interested to appeal to them... This can work very well, but usually it won't last. Or they back away when they see you still like them, though I have dated a girl by doing this but she was very immature we were young. I've hooked up with girls using this, but they didn't last, so its usually not worth all the emotion and effort, especially for a girl.

Id start making myself ngot care and move on if that's what's up with your situation.

• people who know what they want want what they want. not what they can't have. people who dk what they want. want what they can't have because its safe. they don't want what they can't have. once they get it they only want the idea of getting it. its a dumb move. for everyone because you're being an idiot. not especially anyone.

thats not my situation. I was thinking of having inner conflict or ethic or loyalties preventing you from being honest. not just trying to get more attention.

• its happened before, I eventually stopped talking to them

• aaahh. don't wanna talk about it

What Girls Said 5

• i haven't done that

• Yes! I did find out he liked me back..but doesn't do anything about it..He must have a gf..i act like I don't even like him anymore but he does not keep his eyes off me, its really annoying :/

• maybe he's afraid of rejection?

• you should ask him out. or at least talk to him. if you do nothing you can't blame him.

• yes, becasue he seemed like a player.

• I liked a married coworker once. That was pretty difficult. He was a good friend to me too, which made it even worse, haha!

But I survived, then he moved away.

• yes, this guy that is in a lot of classes with me, I like him but I don't want to show it to him, he is always making jokes and trying to touch me and stuff but I don't feel like showing him I care

• Why not?

• Yeah Anon why not lol?

• i was really tired with this situation I had with this other guy and I didn't really felt like seeing if he really did like me or not