Unofficial boyfriend dating someone else?

This guy who was my unofficial boyfriend lives 45 min away from me. He recently started dating another girl and didn't tell me. We never were official but we still thought of each other as a couple. We said that we love each other. He doesn't want an official long distance relationship because he wouldn't be able to see me very much because of the distance and also because his mom caught us saying some inappropriate things. He gets his liscense in 3 months and said he would come visit me but now he can't. He is dating this other girl who he says he likes but doesn't love. I think it's because he wants to date someone when he can't date me. He said he loves me and always will. I'm not sure if this is because he really likes me or if it's because I'm his first love. We also made a promise to stay friends no matter what.I think the fact that he is dating someone is unfair personally. I wanted him to work things out with his mom and if he really loved me he wouldn't date someone else. Am I wrong for thinking this? Did he do the right things? What should I do?

Most Helpful Girl

• He's feeding you BS. If he really wanted you he'd make it work. 45 minutes is nothing.

What Guys Said 1

• "If he really loved me he wouldn't date someone else"

This is 100% correct. Cut contact with him completely. Either it will make him realize what a douche he's being (very, very, very small chance) or it will help you move on faster. Either way, you win.

What Girls Said 5

• i wouldn't put up with that

• How did you find out he's dating someone else if he didn't tell you? Just curious.

You're right, you shouldn't accept him dating someone else. Who cares if he loves you and only likes her? He's dating her and she's the official girlfriend. It's your cue to move on...

You can still stay friends with him if you want, but I'm not sure that would work.

• he posted a pic of Facebook and my friends saw it but right after he blocked my friends

• Well, if you were never official, then he has the right to date someone else. But it sounds like he wants to have his cake and eat it, too: the solidity of you and love, AND the convenience of someone on the side. While that's not cool, you set yourself up for it when you didn't make things official or set boundaries.

• i wanted to be official but he didnt...even though he asked me to be his girlfriend I cud tell he didn't really want to be official

• move on...

• well I think he wants everything. he needs to choose, and you shouldn't have accepted it if you werent official, date other peole too then, but I'm sure he won't like htat.