Would you date a girl with autism?

Ok so imagine you met this nice girl, she seems totally normal like any other girl.

You ask her out and start dating, but after a while you find out that this girl has a view different forms of mild autism and sees psychiatrists and just has a lot of extra baggage so to say.

Would you still want to continue to date her and get involved with her? Or not? And why would you or would you not?

Most Helpful Guy

• I would date her, probably. I would also try to find out how serious her condition is and is likely to become in the future, provided she's willing to tell me. Some patients with autistic spectrum disorders actually improve with time.

I am not sure that I could continue to date if she develops serious problems, requiring hospitalization, for instance. Not all people are ready to such lengths.

If a person becomes seriously affected with a mental condition, she/he brings an enormous strain on his/her partner.

If the condition is manageable, I can see no problem here.