Is this a good first date, or too much?

Just to give a short intro, this girl and I have been texting for the past month or so, met online, had a facetime conversation yesterday (idk, maybe two and a half hours long, could had lasted longer, but it was like 2am and we were both tired), but never met in person. Think it went pretty well, we had a light-hearted conversation, exchanging laughs and all (I think I've never been teased that much in such a short span of time! ). We both agree to do something soon and I told her I'd get back to her about that tonight. Thing is, I have an idea for a date, but I'm curious as to what other thinks...

I was thinking to go for a coffee first (duh) just to get a feel of how the person is really in person, and if all goes well, to go see a firework show (one of the biggest of it's kind, with hundred of thousands of people at each show).

Is this too much (firework part)? We've texted quite a bit and we've already discussed pretty much anything that could be considered first date conversation material, so it's not like we'll be able to have some small talk over a cup of coffee, I feel the need to step it up a bit and at least do something we can both talk about and share a memory of.

Moreover, she can't drive, so I'd have to pick her up, and the travel time between the show and her home, with all the ensuing traffic at the end of the show, is probably like an hour, so it's not like if things go awkward, she can leave on a moment's notice... (that's what the coffee is for, to leave if one of us leave feels uncomfortable, but the firework is probably a 3-4h timespan)...

Any of you can give their opinion please?

Most Helpful Girl

• no, I think you should just try to focus on getting to know each toher

What Girls Said 3

• too much, darling. save the firework for a second date

• it is too much

• well just try and find another idea or make the that eshorter.

What Guys Said 2

• I'd say it sounds like a good plan. coffee first, and then if all seems to be going well, suggest the fireworks show. I don't get why everybody is telling you not to, doing something that's actually fun on a first date makes the date memorable as opposed to simply another coffee date...Just don't force the show upon her. It'll be a good way to gauge if she actually likes you with her willingness to stay.

• Keep it simple. Do coffee or something for 60-90 minutes and that's it. If you like her...then doing this will leave her wanting more...hopefully a 2nd date. Go slow.