How do I get my parents to allow me to date him?

There's this guy that I really really REALLY like, and I have for the past 9 months. He finally asked me to go on a date with him and I was super psyched. I asked my parents to let me go and they aren't letting me. They have never met him before. He gets pretty good grades, he's super athletic and I know for a fact that he doesn't get into the party scene. The only reason why they won't let me date him that I know of is that his reputation is that he's a "player", BUT he also had some pretty serious relationships in the past. And he is super sweet to me and I like him so much. What can I do to make my parents see what I see in him?

**I know my age says I'm 18-24... but I'm not, I though being 18 or over was the only way to get an account on this site, but its not and I don't know how to change that**

I wrote an entire speech out telling them why I'm trustworthy enough to not make stupid decisions and his pros. I wrote out why I won't be hurt by him and that if I do get hurt its all on me. This resulted in my parents allowing me to date him in a group first, then they'll see where to go from there.

Most Helpful Girl

• just show your parents that they can trsut your view on him

What Guys Said 1

• You should just go with your feelings. Don't let close ones distort your view about the dating world.

What Girls Said 2

• just tal with them

• well compromise, tell them they can meet him first and that you won't ignore your chores or repsonsabilities