18 beginning to date a 24 year old man? Please help!?

I've been seeing a guy that's 6 years older than myself. We've hung out 3 times, and the last time, we had sex (my decision.) I've been d***ed around by guys in the past, so I'm nervous he's not looking for anything serious. He hasn't given me any reason to think he's not, but I'm pretty cynical of men. How can I ask him/figure out what his motives are? Also, do you think it's a big age gap? I'm worried his friends might give him sh*t for it? I don't live with my parents anymore etc , so not your typical 18 year old.

Most Helpful Girl

• I think it's a pretty big age gap given the ages that you are now.

But the older you get the less the age gap seems.

Being 18 years old and dating a 24 year old is very different from someone 21 dating a 27 year old.

Has long has you two have things incommon and enjoy each others company,

I don't think age should be a problem (keep in mind I have a 8 year age difference with my partner, and we've been together for 7 years).

I think why you've been "d***ed around" by so many guys is that you are having sex with them way too soon after meeting them.

It would have been better if you waited a bit longer before you gave him the goods.

If a guy truly likes you, he won't be in a rush to get it.

If a guy gets sex from you way too quickly it may change his impression of you.

"How many other guys has she given it up to?"

"She is an easy girl."

I'm not saying this is his case, but it could very well be.

There's no way to undo what's already done.

What you can do from this point is,

not have sex with him every time you see him, so he can see you beyond that.

If he makes it into sex all of the time then you know what he's all about.

What Guys Said 3

• Ummmmm, he hasn't given you any indication that he's not looking for something serious, and he probably hasn't given you any indication that he is either.

You know in this case, instead of just having sex. You're better off busting out the speech on how he's amazing and you really want to but you're not looking for just a fling, and you're moving a little fast blabla and wait a little. A tip for next time :D

Sure it can turn into a great relationship if you're both just not looking for anything and roll with it, have sex from the get go and it turns into something more. Happened to me more than once.

BUT if you're explicitly looking for a relationship, if you already know what you want you'd better take control of that cause most guys are cool with not having one. Or you'll just be a f*** buddy. Some girls love it, but you're looking for a relationship, so put the cards on the table or get d***ed around with. It's that simple.

• I had a similar relationship when I was 23, she was 18. Had sex on first date. Then we had a long(2+ year) relationship. It ended badly, but not because of the age.

• Well your a girl, you don't have to take any action

What Girls Said 4

• If you're worried that he isn't looking for anything serious, then WHY did you have sex with him?

I swear, I do not understand other women sometimes, no wonder men get so confused.

Anyway, all you can do us talk to him about it. It's best to be honest and let him know that you do want something serious and then see how he responds.

• dont worry about it

• well you put out so he migh tnot want anything serious now, but you should tlak to him aobut it.

• just give him a chance!