Is it customary to reply to all message on online dating sites?

So I signed with one site 2 weeks ago and then I kind of forgot about it, until I got an email from that site saying that my inbox is full. I was a bity overwhelmed by the messages, because there were 300 of them

I've browsed through them and honestly most have little to no substance, so do I have to reply to all of them?

Most Helpful Guy

• to be honest with you and I only did eharmony and plenty of fish for a bit, and I was pretty turned off by the number of women who never responded. I actually put thought into my messages and 90% or more of the time didn't hear a word back.

Obviously if the messages are meaningless and pointless you shouldn't feel obligated to respond, that is your right, but consider how you would feel if you did put some effort into reaching out to someone and never heard back.

I hear you about being overwhelmed and I imagine a woman's experience on a dating site is much different than a males, but I guess I would just say try to be a considerate as possible. If it is clear a guy but little effort and thought into a message then it seems you'd have no reason to respond but if they did put some thought into it I'd definitely consider trying to message them, even if it is a simple, "thanks for the message but I don't feel like we would be a good match"

What Guys Said 2

• Yes. It's actually in the terms and conditions, you're legally obligated to reply to each and every message you recieve on the site within one week of reception until your account is deleted.

• No. Don't bother. They might take your politeness the wrong way.

What Girls Said 7

• Most guys online just send a single, thoughtless message to every girl with a decent picture. No, you don't have to reply to those. :)

• ya exactly, a lot of them were just 3 or 4 words

• Nope not at all.

• it's nesesary

• hell no ahaha

• yes, you have to answeer to them

• yes, I think you should

• no, just reply to the guys you like,