Is it racist to completely swear off white women?

I am a black male in college, I am surrounded by attractive women everyday. The majority of them are white. However, I know that most white women (99.9%) will not date a black man, so I have decided to never try to date a white woman and only date within my race now. Even though I find white women attractive, it would be a losing battle trying to get her to be my girlfriend. Is this racist?

Most Helpful Guy

• It's not racist to not want to date another race. If a person decided they wouldn't want to date/be friends with people of their OWN race, that would show an issue.

To not want to date another race? There's nothing wrong with that. If you don't want to date white women--then don't! Why would you feel bad about that?

What Girls Said 9

• No, it's not racist. A lot of people stick to their own race when looking for partners. But I don't think you should give up on white women if you still really like one of them. It's just the normal way things go: they either like your or they don't. Don't think of it as a race thing because you could end up missing out on being with a good person.

• You can date whoever you want I don't think it's racist...

But a lot of white woman would date black man I don't think it would be a losing battle honestly.

• it's not racist to NOT date someone,but you're being silly if you're completely avoiding them,plenty of white girls date black guys,why create a wall and miss out on any possible chance with them?

• Because I have tried it, and it hasn't worked at all.

• that doesn't mean it will never ever work-white women are individuals

• That's true, just because every woman won't like doesn't mean they all don't like me

• So basically you are saying white woman don't wan't me so I am not going to want them? Pathetic. That by no any means is racist. Racist would be saying stuff like" I think white girls are all pale ugly monsters."But it is you just giving up because you feel unwanted by them. Do not give up. Also to be honest haven't you noticed that white woman are more open to dating black men these days? They are the highest interracial dating group next to white men and Asian women.

• Nope, white women won't date me. Why would I want someone who doesn't want me?

• It's extremely close minded

• Im white and would date a blackg guy, as well as my frineds. just try harder and you will find one.

• Speaking as a white women, I would have absolutely no problem dating a black man. For me, race isn't a factor. Attraction crosses race lines for me, and when their values and morals compliment mine, I think of them as a potential partner. It's pretty simple - whatever your race, if you're attractive, I will find you attractive.

Race is a construct and people use it as an excuse to stereotype. If you find a woman who won't date you based off of your skin color, she is acting in a way completely unfit for not only her environment (college) but this age as well.

I certainly know of some girls who will refuse to date anyone who isn't Eastern European like them, but I also have a lot of friends who date outside of their race or culture.

I'm pretty sure if you've gotten to the point where she seems to like you, your relationship will progress in the same way that similar race relationships proceed. However, there is always the issue of "she may like you, but she was brought up to date within her culture and may be really confused about pursuing a relationship". In that case, make sure to ask how her parents would feel if she brought you home, or be really sneaky and find out how her parents feel about other races and her opinions of that. Make sure you find out early in the relationship so you can save yourself a lot of aggravation.

Best of luck!

• No it's not

• maybe slightly only because you're assuming "most white women will not date a black man" but it's up to you who you date, so no one can judge really.

I wonder if it depends on where you live? Although, I live in a pretty conservative, traditional area and I have a few white girl friends that ONLY date black guys. The majority of my girl friends (including myself) would, too, if the opportunity came up. I don't know many people my age that wouldn't date a black man just because he's black.

• I go to a community college, the white women there are bombshells. I mean absolute stunners, how can I attract a woman like that?

• *shrugs* oh gosh I don't know I'm not a guy lol. I guess just be yourself? I mean, you don't want to do anything TOO out of character or else it defeats the purpose, right? Just talk to them...start a conversation...compliment them. If they're interested, you should be able to tell and go from there.

What Guys Said 2

• not racist. 99.9% of white women will not date a black men, have you done that research? I think you would be surprised that there are more women who would consider dating you thank you think

so no I don't think it's racist to decide not to date white women... but unless you're are attending Bigotry University I do not think 99% of women will not date you

• How can you not get one? A good portion of them like black guys.

• Not where I live they don't

• few answers. It will also boost your ego too. No one else can get that kind of response.

I say count your blessings. Don't let the snags get you down. There are many more opportunities out there.

• That's true, I should feel good about being black.