How many times would you bear your girlfriend be late for dating?

I am late each time for one hour. He has never said anything, but I don't know how long this can persist. Any idea?

Forgot to mention that I told him that I was late because I tried to dress up nicely to see him - and indeed, each time, I dressed up so well. And it seems that he was quite happy to hear my explanation - not sure he was really happy, or just tried to be nice. What do you think? (We had been with each other for three months.)

Most Helpful Guy

• You ought to cut that out and be on time. Punctuality is really important to me and I hate it when people are late. I said a specific time for a reason. If you want to dress up nice that's all well and good but how about starting to get ready an hour earlier. Then you won't be late. I'd probably grin and bear it for the first few times depending on how her other qualities are but I'd get annoyed rather quickly and would lose interest.

What Guys Said 4

• sitting one hour in restaurant or something like that and waiting for a girl, for me personally that's just disrespectful and I'm not going to tolerate that. You better look normal and be on time than nice and be late a freaking HOUR? really?

• how would you feel if he was an hour late? good for him though I wouldve left after a half hr of waiting, wouldve thought you ditched. do all your makeup bla bla bla before you go on your dates. thatd get annoying, that's just me though I hate waiting. sounds to me like you're testing his patience. knock it off

• Maybe twice. Once is an accident. Twice can be coincidence. Three is habit. Four means you have no respect for me and no sense of punctuality. If you need that much time to get dressed up, then start getting ready an hour earlier. I'd have thrown you out a long time ago.

• Depends on how often she is late compared to how often she was on time. If she was late three times in a row I would start to figure either she isn't into me or she was playing some kind of game with me.

What Girls Said 3

• If you know it takes you an hour longer, why can't you dress up an hour sooner? If he can make it on time for a date that involves both of you, why can't you? Stop treating him badly and show up on time! You're making it seem like he's not worth your time, if you keep showing up late so many times.

• i think it is a matter of respect and I wouldn't put up with it, if you wanted to dress nice why don't you just set a different time or dress up sooner

• stop it right now, he will get annyoed.