How long to wait before texting a guy back?

Normally I would text someone back as soon as I saw their message but there's this guy. He hasn't texted me after our date which was almost a week ago. He texted today and as happy I was to hear from him , I don't want to come off as too eager or desperate.

How long should I wait before texting back?

Most Helpful Guy

• Please don't start or entertain this game...its happening to me at the moment where the girl I'm texting takes at least 20 min to text back and its VERY obvious. I know girls say they don't want to seem desperate or that they want to seem like they are so busy that they can't reply straight away. It is unbelieveably headwrecking for the guy and to be honest after a while its a turn off.

We are in in 20's now so I think its time to cut out the games, if you like each other tell each other. Why complicate things with what if's.

Best of luck with everything!

What Guys Said 2

• A year. Minimum. Any longer and you run the risk of looking desperate...

Just text him FFS! If you really don't want to seem desperate then wait a couple hours.

• I would give it a couple days, sounds like he's playing games if he didn't text you for a week after your date though

What Girls Said 3

• just text him

• just text him

• wai for like 2 days.