Am I Friend-Zoned? For discussion

Last December 2012, I broke off with my ex-gf. Status on social networking platform was updated as – single. I noticed one female friend of mine started liking my post and frequently commented on what I posted. I reciprocal the effect back by liking her post.

The appearance of this female friend really changed my life. I started to be more addicted to social networking platform and occasionally will look at what she posted. She eventually became the top 2 search friends out of the 9 choices on Facebook. My closest friends noticed something amused and some even enquired on who was the lady who liked my posts so frequently.

Several occasions, I spoke with her on Facebook communication. The text she typed looked sent signals that she is interested in talking to me. Text contained, “!”, emoticons (Smiley, wink), “haha” – at the end of sentence, even spammed messages before I can continue my sentence and even asked me to approach her if I need more help. She is also very helpful, whenever I texted her for help, she would provide me with research details and advices.

Somehow, I may have taken things for granted. I did not approach her or asked her out as I know there will always be a listening ear whenever I needed one.

Lately, I noticed that she stopped liking my posts and she did not even comment on them. For once, I took a walk out of my comfort zone, I texted her via mobile. Initially she was shocked but we managed to continue texting each other until late night and I noticed that her text came in very slowly (died off, eventually). I saw her updating status and location on social networking platform and she even responded to her friend’s comments on her post.

I’m not sure if I should continue messaging her. The impression she provided me is as though I’m Friend-zoned.

For discussion on my next move, thank you

Most Helpful Girl

• Hmm.. in IMO, I think you should do something other than just text message or fb chat. I think you can only go so long with texting and chatting without doing anything in the 'real world'. Usually when a guy approach me via online , i.e. fb, text messages, bbm, etc, I'll be flattered for a while, esp. when I am also interested in him. but when it goes on more than 2-3 weeks or even longer, I'll begin to think that we're nothing than just friends. My advice, call her and ask her if she wants to go out for coffee, movie, etc... and see where it goes from there! =) I do think that her previous moves showed that she was ( and hopefully still is) interested in you =)

What Girls Said 3

• well do more than what you are doing try to flirt with her, ask her out, give her little presents, stuff like that.

• i think you possibly are

• well it might be, just try and flirt to see if you can change it.

What Guys Said 1

• Welcome to the friend zone