Would texting this guy look needy or desperate?

I met a shy, sweet, not arrogant guy in a club just over a week ago. We danced, for a few minutes, I had to leave, kissed (I don't usually, chemistry lol), started leaving, he asked for my number. A week later/48 hours ago I got a text asking "who's this". I replied my name, he replied that he was just making sure it was the right number etc and he was that drunk guy annoying me a while ago. Anyway, I said he wasn't annoying he was talking to me all day, finding out about each other etc. Asked what I was up to this week, said I might be out tomorrow night and he said he might be too and maybe we'll see each other. I replied "maybe we will, would be nice". Does he sound interested or just being polite? I recently got out a relationship (3 years) so new to all this! I really like him and want to meet again. I'm 20 he's 22. I'm up for making first moves etc if I know he's interested. Would I look needy if I text him? I don't even know what I would say, but hey lol!

Most Helpful Girl

• Chemistry? I will tell you what my daughter told my younger son when we were talking about casual sex... You have 2 people, and some tequila, and 9 months later a baby is born. LOL

I say wait it out be polite when he approaches you, but don't go after him. And for goodness sake don't sleep with him yet. It will cloud your ability to think rationally like you are doing now.

IF A MAN WANTS YOU THEY WILL COME AFTER YOU. IF YOU CHASE THEM THEY WILL THINK ITS OK TO USE YOU FOR THEIR OWN OBJECTIVES.

What Guys Said 1

• no you wouldn't seem needy at all in fact I think it would simply just reinforce to this guy that you wanna see him again he's definately interested so you texting him is not a bad thing at all I almost recommend it

What Girls Said 4

• He sounds interested to me but be careful and don't mistake that for a potential hookup. If he shows up where you are then he def wants to see you again. I don't think its needy or desperate looking if you text him. Just don't be the first to message him all of the time or msg over and over if he doesn't reply back right away! There's nothing wrong with innocent fun flirting! What do you have to lose?

• There's two concerns here- proper hooking up protocol and post breakup rituals.

There's nothing more awkward than breaking up after a long term relationship and not knowing what to do. You are not alone. It seems as if all your hook-up mojo was secretly drained. Not to worry, all it takes is more dating practice to put you back on track.

Second, I think you should go ahead and call him.To hell with texting-it's a social interaction nightmare. It's not intimate enough, in my opinion. If you are interested in him, make a move and set up a coffee date. Remember you are in control of your own dating life, not the object of your attraction.

• Yes, he's interested or he wouldn't have been texting you back and then ask you about when you'll be going out and hopin to c you again. he's interested. there's nothing wrong with texting him once in a while just don't do it every day.

• He is interested. But since you just got out of something long term, he is a transitional guy. So don't get too attached. He will fill your time and you give you something to think about besides the break up. He is hunter, you aren't his first prey. so, go in casual throw out your flirting, leave out your real life issues, don't talk about your ex, or your future. Could be fun and lighten your heart!