How would your family react to interracial dating/marriage?

How would your parents react if you brought home a girl/guy who is Hispanic, Eastern Asian, Indian, Middle Eastern or Native American?(no, not all that mixed into one)

Would they be angry/upset or indifferent?

0|0
20|17

Most Helpful Girl

• Well in your update you say not to include black people but my boyfriend is black so I figured I would answer anyway. Although I don't get why you would say no black people are attractive or civilized...I guess my boyfriend is the exception to both of those then (even though attractiveness is subjective, no one can say he isn't civilized).

But anyway, my mom is totally okay with it. My dad isn't so much but I still date who I want so he doesn't say anything. The rest of my extended family doesn't care.

They really wouldn't be okay with an Asian, Indian, or Middle Eastern guy, but they wouldn't care at all about Hispanic or Native American guys. Personally, I wouldn't be opposed to dating ANY racial types, I'll give anyone a chance as long as they treat me right.

0|4
    0|0

What Guys Said 17

• I think my dad would be as nasty as could be. He's racist, though he probably wouldn't make an issue in public as that would ruin his crafted "image" of being the sweet grandfather type.

I think my mom would be supportive of any "mixed" marriage I might have, but would probably be a lot more upset about the idea of me dating anyone AT ALL; at least, at first.

Personally, I don't envision ever wanting to bring ANY woman around my dad for very long, as he's a bit nasty as it is... not that I particularly care what he thinks, so race, while a big issue for him, would not enter in so much with why I wouldn't want her to be forced to deal with him, as he's just nasty in general, though racism is a part of his bad behavior.

0|0
    0|0
  • My parents don't care and neither do I.

5|2
    0|0
  • As a black American male:

my dad wouldn't mind one bit; in fact he has said himself not to restrict myself to "just my own" when it comes to dating and such.

My mom would be a bit discouraged initially (like most black American mothers of their sons would be), but she'll accept her the more she gets to know her. No hostility or sabotage on her end wouldn't occur; it just seems as if most black American women that are mothers fear their sons not being attracted to black women for various reasons.

1|1
    0|1
    • Would you like to make the world a better place by deleting my update? (if that's in your power). Apparently certain things are only acceptable when said anonymously...

• Request granted, ma'am. :-P

• I don't think that my family would really care that much if I dated someone that wasn't a Caucasian.

0|1
    0|0
  • They'll be fine with it. May be a little uncomfortable in socializing with the person, but they won't mind about my decision.

0|0
    0|0
  • They don't make a big deal from it, they just hope I'm with the right person and hope I know how to make intelligent choices.

0|0
    0|0
  • As long as I happy with them, my parents don't care who I date.

0|0
    0|0
  • as long as its a woman that I'm dating they are extremely happy

0|0
    0|1
  • I'd be surprised if they acted negatively about it

0|0
    0|0
  • Mine don't care. They know I prefer to date outside of my race

0|0
    0|0
  • There was no issue when I brought home a Hispanic girl, and that's the only race we ever make the occasional snide comment/joke about. It's more about her ambitions and overall demeanor than her race...my parents would react negatively if I brought home a redneck/white trash girl or some ghetto girl.

0|0
    0|0
  • Interracial dating/marriage isn't so bad. My family are cool with it. Now when it comes to different religious/cultural beliefs, that's another story.

1|1
    0|0
  • Why so much hate towards peace.love.couture?

Fact of the matter is nobody really finds Black people attractive.

If everyone dislikes us, why shouldn't she dislike the Black in her too?

0|0
    3|1
    • I don't dislike blacks lmao

• Show All
    • I honestly just repeat sh*t I see said on here...

and having a white boyfriend has nothing to do with this. I don't limit myself to any particular race

• What do you commonly see on here?

I wasn't saying that. If there was an Asian girl who bashed Asian people but had a White boyfriend, I'd assume having a White boyfriend is a direct correlation to her beliefs. But since that isn't the case that observation is moot.

• My parents wouldn't care at all who me or my siblings brought home.

0|1
    0|0
  • Wow aren't you kind of obsessed with bashing black people?

6|6
    1|0
    • I'm not bashing black people

• Show All
    • I think of myself as a kinder person than you sure. That doesn't mean you can't change and become less shallow or nasty. Stubbornness is rarely a good quality unless it's wartime and you are in a foxhole.

• And that "link" means nothing to me except more negativity. Sure statistics show certain things but there are always demographic reasons that water down every stat there is.

• my family would not care because I am the blacksheep anyway

0|1
    0|0
  • I'm the offspring of a white /East Asian marriage.

No, my parents wouldn't mind, even if my wife/girlfriend was black.

Personally I find black women attractive.

1|1
    0|0

What Girls Said 19

• I didn't think that the world still had moronic people like you only narrow minded bigots like you would think that black people are uncivilized and as for attractive all races have their own share of the uglies. If your parents disown you for dating a black person is because they are as dense as you are.

3|3
    2|0
  • All your questions start with a "simple" question and end with an ignorant self manipulative response about black people. I honestly think you like asking questions like this to see all who pity's us to make yourself feel better. Stop with your self hate bitch. I'm surprised you're not banned yet. GaG moderators should really consider it.

2|2
    1|0
    • Your attitude isn't stereotypical and they're not gonna ban me because you don't like what I have to say. Don't like it, don't respond

• Show All
    • Your attitude is pretty stereotypical. Work on that sista girl

• Lol it's funny how you jump to the conclusion that I have an attitude. It's far from that. Maybe you're just so used to black people having "attitudes" you're just immuned to thinking that. I think you need it more than me. But hey, don't want it, don't get. Be bad all by ya self homie g. Have fun!

• Oh wow. Then I guess several of my black girl friends half way through medical school aren't really real. I guess I'm not really existent myself...

Anyway, my family is civilized and actually not hateful. They don't hate people because their melanocytes produce less melanin. They accepted my boyfriend because he is a decent man.

3|1
    1|0
  • They probably wouldn't care. My aunt is half black (my mom's half sister) and so are my cousins. And other people in my family have married ethnic people. My Asian uncle is the funniest guy I've ever met!

0|1
    0|0
  • My family wouldn't care as long as I'm happy in a healthy relationship and I think that's the way it should be.

0|1
    0|0
  • My parents are old school southern blacks and they don't play that bringing non blacks home sh*t. There is am old saying "if he can't use my comb, don't bring him home". My mom would be a little more lenient only if the guy was excellent in every way but my Dad wouldn't like it

0|0
    0|0
  • well I used to tell them ''screw you,i'll bring home a goddamn jewish black girl'' (there's some truth in every joke),they're pretty darn racist/homophobic/elitist-well,every type of hatefulness you can imagine. but then again-i really don't care what they think.

0|1
    0|0
  • They wouldn't care... and no my parents wouldn't disown me if I dated a black person... I already have. Maybe there is a negative stigma but there are negative stigmas and stereotypes for dating each race/nationality. I once saw a website listing all the stereotypes for all possible couple combinations

0|0
    0|0
  • I've dated outside my race, my parents have no problem with it,

0|1
    0|0
  • Nothing. They probably wouldn't even say anything. But my parents themselves are an interracial couple.

0|1
    0|0
  • prob disown me, too bad I'm not that attracted to my own kind.

0|0
    0|0
  • im Hispanic, my parents know I'm more into other races so they wouldn't be surprised or upset

0|0
    0|0
  • I don't think they would mind at all.

0|0
    0|0
  • my parents wouldn't care at all... my grandparents however would freak out

0|0
    0|0
  • I dated a man from India once. And I dated a black man once.

My parents were fine with it. Race never came up.

0|0
    0|0
  • i have been in relationships with Hispanics and Asians so my parents wouldn't mind.

0|0
    0|0
  • They wouldn't care

0|0
    0|0
  • My mother wouldn't care, she's very open-minded when it comes to interracial dating/marriage (I guess it's because she's biracial). But my father would be angry.

0|0
    0|0
    • Why the heck would your dad be angry? Lol

• I mean he wouldn't like it. I should have said upset. He doesn't like white people.

• My parents would disown me if I dated a black guy. They don't like that I have cousins that are Portuguese.

0|1
    0|0
    • That's why I excluded blacks...

• Show All
    • No idea. I probably asked them why once, but I don't remember.