How should I respond?

I previously wrote about a guy that I was hanging out with for about 3 weeks. We had fun on our dates. We went to Ripley's believe it or not and stuff. But, then he just stopped talking to me. It has been about 3 weeks since I last spoke with him, then today I get a message from him saying "hey how's it going? I haven't heard from you in a while. I hope I didn't make you angry or something."

Before we stopped talking I asked him if he was exclusively seeing me or if we were still seeing other people, and he said he was only seeing me at the time. I guess I might have scared him. I saw him on the dating site that we met on the next day, so I figured he met someone else and I stopped talking to him. I guess it didn't work out or whatever since he's writing me again. But, what shoud I say?

About an hour later, he added "I had to move and I got a new phone." Sound sketchy? I mean, if I was interested in someone, I'd send a text letting them know I'm busy.

Most Helpful Girl

• Sounds like there might be some kind of misunderstanding. Perhaps he did freak out thinking things were moving too fast when you asked if he was seeing anyone else. It does appear, at least from what he says, that he somehow thought you were angry with him. As to whether he's sincere or not...I don't know. Unfortunately there's no way to tell. If you are interested in him, then I'd go ahead and pursue him further to find out. You might lightly mention that you thought he wasn't interested when you didn't hear from him in 3 weeks (I don't think that's going too far since any normal person would probably figure this!) and see what he says. You'll know from his pattern of behavior what's up with him if you continue to spend time with him.

What Guys Said 0

What Girls Said 3

• Did you initiate conversations or did you leave it up to him to do it all the time ?

• woudl you still want to see him even if he didn't talk to you for that long?

i would just say "oh, why would I be mad?"

• That's the thing. I don't want it to happen again. If I talk to him again, he could very well stop talking to me once again.

• Well talk to him and fix the misunderstanding

• I don't think it's a "misunderstanding" at all. I think he met another girl on the site and it didn't work out. No guys have responded to this post because I think I'm correct in assuming this.