To all the ladies who online date...

How often are you ladies faced with this dilemma?:

You start talking to this one guy who seems nice but then another guy comes along who you like better and you just blow off the original guy.

• Often.
  • Not often.
  • Fairly often.

Most Helpful Girl

• I have been doing online dating for a while now and this happens a lot. The problem is that it usually backfires on me when I blow the other guy off cause then the guy I like won't ask me out again. I have had no luck with online dating it really sucks. I must have gone on over 25 dates this year and never gotten a second one. I also am using maybe 5 different sites.

• Why would you blow him off unless things got serious with the guy you like more? And why wouldn't you give the other guy a chance to at least prove himself? Thank you!

• Youre not kidding.

• Not at all are you kidding. I go on all these dates and talk to all these guys and none of them lead to a boyfriend. What's the use if I don't find love from it? Half of the guys don't like me or I don't like them.

What Girls Said 7

• This can happen in real life too.

• Not often as I don't receive many messages. Used to have match.com account but closed it.

• Not often I dontget many messages

• I only met 3 guys before I started seeing one guy steadily from online dating and he expressed that we should be exclusive. I generally try to decide if I like a guy within 3-5 dates, so as not to waste his time. Even though I was seeing other guys, I called it off with the other two because they weren't good matches, not because of the guy who ended up being my boyfriend. The guy I ended up committing to was dating several girls at the same time, too, though. So I think it goes both ways.

• BB

• BB?

• not often. I try to keep my options open.

• not often

• That's how dating in general is. Although I suppose the internet world makes it easier for that person to 'blow you off' and act like you never exist. Even in real dating though, we don't always learn why someone decides we aren't right for them. It's an elimination process and a learning process, to learn exactly what we want/need from a partner.

What Guys Said 4

• I'm sure this happens almost all the time, as long as the girl is at least mildly attractive. All the whom I've personally spoken to, who I considered to be attractive (7+/10), all admitted to having gotten almost 100 messages a week. Obviously this kind of thing is bound to happen when you get that many messages. Your always going to be tempted into thinking the grass might be greener on the other side, especially since nobody is perfect. A girl or guy can always find a flaw in someone to justify dating someone else. The choices online dating provides, especially to women, inherently makes a person more shallow.

• Excellent question! Wish there were more girls who answered it.

• Women only want good looking guys, so I honestly don't think it matters how nice the guy is or may seem to be.

• Great question!

Wish there were more answers to this...

• lol, that makes 2 of us!