We Broke Up Two Months Ago - Why Is He Texting Me?

I broke up with a boyfriend more than two months ago. Since then he has texted me periodically with updates about his son's baseball team, and, most recently, asking how my mom is recovering from a car accident she had recently. And he always ends the text with "hope all is well with you." But we broke up ... so why is he texting me at all? We have not seen one another since the break up.

Most Helpful Guy

• He's testing the waters, to see if you are thinking about restarting a relationship with him.

He doesn't want to look as if he is pressuring you..so he just sends 'friendly' texts, hoping you'll get the hint and respond with..warmth..or a suggestion to meet somewhere!

What Guys Said 3

• You broke up with him? Do I understand that right? Well most likely he is still interested in you. If he disappears completely he will in his mind really and finally loose you. You seem irritated by the whole thing, maybe you need to let him know you would rather not communicate with him

• I AM irritated. And, yes, I broke with him. And the reason I broke up with him was because he allowed his ex-wife to move in with him when her second husband kicked her out. He has a son with her. She literally had no money and nowhere else to go, and he did it to ensure the welfare of his son. But after two months, he told me he wasn't sure if he stilled loved me, and I told him I wasn't going to wait for him to figure it out while he was living with his ex-wife.

• Thanks for the good advice! Just told him very politely. He said "Understood. No worries." Another one bites the dust! :)

• Glad to be of help

• Oh I forgot you have to be in a committed sexual relationship to be friends. He's being a human.

• Well, gotta look out for yourself, do not blame you for asking him not to contact you anymore. I wouldn't hold it against him, he is just damned either way and you do not have to be involved.

What Girls Said 5

• He probably wants to remain friends which is possible.

• he wants to se ehow you are.

• maybe he wants you back?

• well he could still be interested

• I think it's a way to a) ease guilt over breaking up with someone you think is a good person, but weren't really in love with or b) remind yourself that someone in the world cares about you