Letter to My Ex, Should I Sent It? Change Anything?

I am not sure what I did to deserve how you are treating me. I do not expect it to change and frankly it wouldn’t matter at this point if it did. I will honor your wishes and you will not hear from me again after this.

Even though you refuse to communicate with me I wish you to have some understanding of the affect your behavior has had on me.

I wish that I had had the opportunity to apologize for the way I made you feel the last time we were together. If I had known I would not see you again I would have left you a message apologizing and asking your forgiveness, letting you know that was not my intention or my nature. That I had the utmost respect for you in every way. As well I would like to apologize for anything else I did that upset you. I would have been very interested in listening to how you feel and trying to understand what caused you to feel so badly that it caused this extreme reaction. It seems that opportunity is now lost unfortunately.

The uncaring manner in which you have alienated me has caused me to worry about you needlessly, wonder about what I might have done, how I could have done better you, and to question my value as a suitor. As well it has caused me much frustration and feelings of worthlessness.

Had you talked to me, sent me a text or e-mail, we could have parted ways differently. If not friends certainly with fond memories intact of good times with a wonderful, intelligent and caring woman. Someone who I could continue to respect, care for and speak highly of to others.

Now however, you have showed me your utter apathy, indifference and disdain for me. Let me know I am not worthy of any communication at all. You destroyed all my memories of you and replaced them with the image of an uncaring, selfish, and self indulgent girl. Someone who I want only to forget and erase all my memories of.

How about this for an alternative:

I really have no idea why you won’t communicate with me and wish you would even if only to say you don’t think it’s working out. I don’t expect you to change your mind but I wanted to tell you how sorry I am. I wish that I had had the opportunity to apologize for the way I made you feel the last time we were together. If I had known I would not see you again I would have left you a message apologizing and asking your forgiveness, (continued)
letting you know that was not my intention or my nature. That I had the utmost respect for you in every way. As well I would like to apologize for anything else I did that upset you. I would have been very interested in listening to how you felt and trying to understand what caused you to feel so badly that it caused this extreme reaction.

I hope you are ok.

Love

As it turns out she's seeing someone else and has been for a while. Found out through a mutual friend. She was apparently sleeping with us both at the same time

Most Helpful Guy

• I say if you really want to, send something like that. shorten it up a bit maybe, but women need to know that their behaviors are ridiculous. they can be so insensitive. plus you're likely older than most of these anon girls here saying not to do it. they're probably not mature enough to handle such a letter if it were sent to them. they're probably used to dating insensitive guys that don't care anyway so they wouldn't have to worry about it.

it was a serious relationship to you, so do what you have to do. do what feels right. tough love man, tough love. if she values herself and what you guys had at all, she'll read it and try to better herself. that's what love is about, making a difference in others' lives.

What Girls Said 5

• she will think you're obsessed with every of her actions.

I think you're also wasting your time with her. You're better off rebuffing her as she did to you. Like this whole relationship never happened.

• no

• Jeez, how about some actual input

• Thats a much better letter. It leaves room open for her to respond (if she chooses to do so), and for you to tell her how what she did made you feel (if she does respond). A letter like this is more than likely to get you the closure that you want, where she IS RECEPTIVE to how you felt. But its not guaranteed. Good luck to you.

• that is super creppy no, don't do it

• dont do it, it is super weird

• no I don't think you should do that.

• why not? any specific reasons? would it be better if it was changed?

What Guys Said 1

• Send it.