Girl says we should "hang out"...should I assume it's not a date?

We haven't seen each other in a few years, but she contacted me and said we should "hang out". We made plans and she said she's excited to see me and to get to know each other again. However, because of the terminology she used, I'm not sure if she sees this as anything more than a friendly get-together.

Most Helpful Girl

• Well the only way to know is to go out and have fun! Like you should drop any expectations in my opinion because when you have expectations you sometimes miss some truly great moments in your life. I suggest you just let things happen, because you never know what could happen! My friend and I planned a 'hang out' and he took me to a pawn shop (bc I've never been), dinner because I'd never been to this place (this is when I realized it was sortof like a date but so much fun), movie, ice cream and then we just were wandering and found a block party and crashed it. Having no expectations gave me an incredible night because we winged it and sometimes that's the best thing to do! See how she acts and just be yourself!

What Girls Said 4

• It really all depends on what you were talking about, if she is single, and a lot of other stuff. when I ask a guy to hang out I have to be pretty interested because it puts me in a vulnerable position.

• I wouls see how she behaves on the hang outor flirt and see if she reacts good to that

• i wouldn't assume that

• i would say its a date but it depends on what you are going to do and how she acts.

What Guys Said 1

• It's not a date at all.