Guys, do you get annoyed if a girls sends a super long text?

Haha I'm a huge talker, especially in person and I like to translate that into text, but I tend to over talk and end up sending these massive long essays of messages. Especially if I'm deeply stimulated by the conversation. I just can't help it. Usually when I do this, guys will generally respond with short one word answers. And I'm not going to lie, kind of makes me feel bad that guys aren't putting the same effort back :P , but I guess guys are just short and simple :) . Does this bother you?

Most Helpful Girl

• Some guys actually like long texts. I know a couple of guys who always type reasonably lengthy texts and put in a lot of effort. I think it really comes down to how invested this person is in the conversation. If they're doing other stuff, they might get annoyed because they don't want to read so much. My opinion is then they rather shouldn't be on their phone in the first place if they have other stuff to do. But anyway. If someone for example is really interested in what you're talking about or have made you a priority then I find it hard to believe that they'd get annoyed by it.

What Guys Said 7

• We take it often as a girl is unwilling to be honest face-to-face, and is being two-faced by telling us about her feelings when we can't directly respond..and is telling her feelings to a lot of other people who don't have a need to know how she feels about us or what we said or did.

It forces us to respond with a long explanation...and yes, that can be irritating especially if your texts are critical of us.

Few people want to be drawn into long internet arguments!

• Lol why is this all of a sudden turning depressing? I meant while having a good flowing normal conversation, and occasionally sending those super long texts about something as far as trying to get to know the person. Would it turn you off, make you lose interest?

• If it has critical remarks or anything about our friends, anything we feel we'd have to respond to with an equally long diatribe..then yes, 'twould be an irritation!

• I'd prefer more broken up shorter texts. I probably use longer ones then a lot of people. I'm occasionally asked for opinions from women here on how I interpret conversations they've had via text with guys, and am amazed at how little a lot of guys seem to say, especially if you stripped out 'lol', which is about 40% of their entire output.

• On the contrary. That's the best case scenario, that she is invested into the interactions and puts the effort to ask questions and answer them clearly, which sometimes requires plenty of words. The more she says, the more you have to form a reply and establish a better communication. This applies to actual (as in face to face) conversations too.

• It doesn't bother us when we get long texts. It bothers us a lot if we're expected to respond to long texts with long texts.

• No, only if they are frequent and bitchy.

• Lol. I'm guessing you have quite a lot of experience with the frequent and bitchy eh? :p

• Not so much. But I've realized that if a girl is committing that much raw emotion towards a guy, then she's into him in a deep way. Bad emotional expressions are better than zero emotional expressions. If she's vanilla, it's worry time.

That said, long bitchy texts are still annoying.

• I wouldn't say annoying, but short and simple is better. How about medium in between. If you have a lot to say better if you talk in person.

• I love it when girls put effort in their texts.

What Girls Said 6

• omg I hate that too! it's the worst feeling. you type out a pretty interesting thing and you get like 2 sentences back. lmao. I started cutting my messages down to a few words but then they wonder what's wrong. so... why don't you try that out? if he doesn't pick up on it...then maybe it would be best to keep your messages limited. just send the most salient points. gotta remember that women are naturally more verbal than men. we love to talk :)

• Idk about guys, but I do lol. You should be able to tell if they don't reply or if they only time one word response.

• No unless the guy isn't interested

• No the size won't matter

• Lol got visual imagery for a minute :P

• If the conversation is interesting (usually about shared hobbies, activities, etc.), then I will fully involve myself into the discussion. It often turns out rather lengthy, genuine, deeply thought, and with correct grammar. I have had to shorten on occasion, though, since I don't wish to bore anyone.

My only peeve is when people respond with a solid page of "Nd you no, I went 2 c da movee you told me abot, nd it was gr8! I dn't cayr what evry1 els sed! w/e! yolo!1!1! lets go agen 2moro!1!1! ill ask britny 2! you wanna text emmilly? lets du it grrlll!"

• yes they do

• Yeah, I kind of get the feeling they do to :P