Have you ever dated a Muslim person?

I recently started talking to a Muslim guy. We have been on two dates and I think I've decided I want to see him more.

The thing is that I'm kind of nervous about the stereotypes Muslims get.

What are somethings I should look out for? Or questions I should ask. etc How should I handle his family if I ever meet them?

This morning I wished him happy Ramadan. He just told me it hadn't started yet. lol

Most Helpful Girl

• You need to do your research.. and PRONTO! google will be your best friend. You can't afford to NOT do your research. There are many rules, and you don't want to offend, or look dumb and stupid.

Since meeting my bf's Muslim friends I have learned that 1) It's not "God," its Allah 2) You don't eat pork. Your food cannot even be made in the same pan that pork touched. If you're food touches pork, you can't eat it. 3) Ramadan starts at sunset and lasts until sunrise (so you can eat after 9pm and up to 3am.

• Is it working out for you? This guy is pretty westernize, but he does practice his religion. I'm not affiliated with any religions. There are comments here about typical stereotypes about Muslims. How are those compared to your boyfriend?

• Ignore these other racist comments about Muslims. My boyfriend is not Muslim, his friends are, and are also westernized. Western Muslim can date non-Muslim, but they will probably try to convert you at some point. And they are only as "racist" against Christians and Jews as Christians and Jews are "racist" against them. So whatever. But the point is if you really like this guy, learn as much as you can about it, and you'll be fine.

What Guys Said 1

• No, Muslim girls are not allowed to date a Muslim guy, I would rather get into a relationship without being beheaded. There are far too many unreported attacks that happen even in my own city of Muslim fathers killing their daughters because they disobey "dishonour" the family here.

So no I wouldn't date a Muslim girl, maybe a very western "moderate" (basically non practicing Muslim) I would date

• not allowed to date a non Muslim guy

What Girls Said 6

• no

• i'm not into Muslim guys and never will be

• i havent

• no I havent.

• No. I wouldn't date a Muslim because of religious differences. Plus, they aren't allowed to date a non-Muslim girl and I think they're racist.

• I think you have it confused. Muslim guys can marry anyone, Muslim girls are not supposed to date non Muslim guys. Although I see it all the same, its just frowned upon.

• Ok.But I'm 100% that a Muslim guy wouldn't date me. It would be dramatic

• * 100% sure

• i havent