What's dating like in college for average/unattractive girls?

Are there less people in college who put emphasis on looks or is it the same as high school? I'm wondering this because I'm almost 19 and have never been kissed or asked out on a date. The guys at my school only cared about looks and I'm not disillusioned ... I'm well aware that I have no physical qualities. Is there more of a emphasis on personality in college?

Most Helpful Guy

• To be quite frank, College is generally where look's can matter the most. Everyone is in their prime and with plenty of free time for partying. A lot of people, especially dudes, will only have one thing in mind past 8 pm.

Also to be fair, the exact opposite can apply. College where people are also most open minded to new things.

This all depend's on the crowd you associate with. If you want studly gorgeous men, understand that a good amount of them will probably be going through their most shallow period of their lives. But far from all men are such this way.

My advice to you? First of all, you're not ugly. Get that outta your head. I've seen rolly polly's have better dating experiences than most girls. If they can work it, so can you. Second, be open minded.

What Guys Said 3

• You consider yourself average/unattractive? Is this referring to you? What turns me on is a smart woman. One who believes in herself and is independent. I'm looking @ Ur pic and You are not unattractive. But like me, there are many men on Campus who think the same as I do. get your education on and the rest will follow.

• You are definitely not unattractive, I swear, and plus, be glad you are a girl and you don't have to do the approaching, asking out, so shyness, social-awkwardness you could get away with more

• It's pretty much the same sh*t lol.

What Girls Said 5

• It depends on the culture of your uni/college

On some campuses(like mine), dating is rare, until about your senior year when you basically commit to the guy who has taken you to all of your formals...not always, but that's the theme

On other campuses it's couple mania, like Brigham Young

But I think in college because you meet a variety of people, you will come across those who place a bigger emphasis on personality. I'd say in college it's more about finding your niche. Once you've found it, you'll connect with people who share the same interests and personality traits

• men are superficial but IF you become their friend...that's the best way to star things.

• the same as in hs

• It is the same

• in my college there are a lot of unnactractive girls in relationships, far more than attractive girls.