Is it bad considering to date guys only with the same beliefs (religion)

Is it pointless to date someone that doesn't believe in the same things as you. I mean won't it just cause problems later in the relationship, especially if you end up having kids or something.

Most Helpful Guy

• It is the smart thing to do in order to make sure you are compatible. I am an atheist and will not consider dating a religious person. I could not stand being in a relationship were the girl feels the need to always save my soul.

• I'm an atheist too. What about what if there are few self-proclaimed atheists/ skeptics in the country? Should one settle for someone mildly religious or stay alone for the rest of one's life?

• I don't hate religious people, I just want them to respect that I can't force myself to believe something that I don't believe. The more deeply religious someone is the less they seem to be able to understand that. I don't consider the belief in a god and being religious to be the same thing. There are lots of people that believe in some type of god, that don't live their lives in any way that god tells them they should. I don't consider these people to be religious. It is about finding a person you are compatible with. If mildly religious is the best you can do, then that may be what you have to do.

I have also found that most people can't tell the difference between an atheist, and an anti-theist. They think if you are an atheist you hate God, and not someone that simply does not believe. I have experimented with calling myself an agnostic and most religious people have no problem with how I live my life. I would still avoid anyone that wants to drag me to church.

What Guys Said 3

• It's better to be with someone who has the same beliefs as you do. It allows for a deeper connection between the two of you and provides a more stable environment for the children. You wouldn't have to worry about him going behind your back and teaching the kids something different than what you've told them and vice versa.

• It is easiest to maintain the same beliefs therefore it makes a lot of sense. It isn't wrong, actually it's right, the smartest thing you can do.

• It's a good thing, for the reasons you mention.

What Girls Said 3

• no, you will share the same values which will helo the relationship

• no, because you will have a deeper connection

• no I think I would do it too.