Would you date/marry your best high school friend later on in life?

Assuming both of you haven't found that "someone" yet, would you want to date and/or marry your boyfriend from high school (If you are straight, I'm referring to a boyfriend of the opposite sex). Why or Why not? And If you do want to date/marry them, do you already like them (romantically) in the first place?

• Yes, I would and I already like them.
  • Yes, I would but I don't like them right now.
  • Maybe/Depends
  • No, I would not and I like them right now.
  • No, I would not and I don't like them.

Most Helpful Girl

• When I was 18, my best guy friend and I made a pact that if we were still single at 25, we'd get married. I didn't like him like that at the time because he was immature, but I figured he'd grow up by then. Other than that, I definitely saw him as someone I could be happy with.

What Girls Said 15

• No. He's a good person but he's too hard, too tough and he doesn't believe in God.

• If I fell in love with them, of course I would. Them having been my best friend in high is not a reason not to. Actually, it would sort of be a testament to how well we get along, on some level.

• A. I'd absolutely date and marry my current best guy friend...tbh I'm kinda hoping that'll happen in the future anyways... lol

• Nope

• chongsan

• My best friend is a girl and I'm straight so no

• Probably not

• Yes but currently we are both living our lives and taken different paths at the moment. But yeah in a heartbeat if the opportunity ever came up I'd marry him.

• My best male friend from high school is an excellent guy. I'm not into him in that way and I don't think he's into me in that way, but we're a lot alike and I think he's much more tolerable than most guys. A mutual friend made us promise senior year that if we're both single at 30, we'd get married. That friend was joking but on some level he and I were a bit serious. We did agree that being together is favorable to being alone forever. So it's a possibility but I highly doubt it'll happen.

• yes, I would love to. We had a great connection, but he has a new girlfriend now..

• i woukdnt

• yes! if he wanted to

• Nope, I've never really ever had any close male friends...

• My best guy friend from high school? No. The kid has no backbone and I need someone to keep my personality in check.

My boyfriend from high school is the one I'm still with and it's almost a given that I'll marry him so...yeah.

• no I wouldnt.

What Guys Said 4

• My first high school girl is...a user. I want nothing to do with her these days. My second high school girlfriend is dead. She overdosed on heroin. I've been very unlucky in love since then.

• No. My best friend from high school is almost the complete opposite of what I'd be attracted to romantically. She likes sports which is why we became friends in the first place. I don't mind if my future spouse likes sports but not some die hard fan like my friend. Besides, she's (friend) is engaged to be married and is very happy with him and I couldn't more happier for her.

• Yes, that's recommended

• yes, now that gay marriage is legal in here in california.