Does this make me racist?

Recently a few guys from my school (black and white) were making fun of me and calling me racist because I haven't ever dated a black guy but I've dated a lot of white guys. A bunch of guys asked me if I would ever date a black guy and I just walked away but it got me thinking if I would or not? And I kinda decided I wouldn't... Not like in an "eeww their ugly" way more like "I'm not sexually attracted to them" way. I don't want to be racist or seem racist but I feel bad.

Most Helpful Guy

• You're allowed to like whoever you want. It doesn't make it racist. God forbid a white girl isn't interested in black guys nowadays. No other race of women is held to that. For instance, plenty of black women don't want to date white guys and no one really cares.

What Guys Said 10

• I think everybody has a preference or at least a lot of people do in terms of ethnicities they would date. Often it is due to upbringing and media. Most of my white friends all go for Asian girls, and I have always been drawn to white girls.

It doesn't make you racist. Someone is racist when they treat other races poorly because they believe they are inferior.

• I don't think you're racist you simply having met a black guy you were attracted to. But the way you walked away from being asked about if you would date a black guy does make you look like a passive-aggressive racist based on how you handled that situation.

• Why do you need to feel bad about such a stupid situation? This doesn't make you racist. You're going to find at least one person of every race attractive at least once in your lifetime, maybe the guys at your school are just ugly for you to even consider getting with. I've never dated a black girl, but that's just because I've never found one that I'm attracted to yet. I have a lot of black friends whom I get along with and none of them consider me racist. Don't let this situation bug you, probably just one of those guys found you cute and wanted to get a group to tease you about it.

• Real Answer: It is racist. It also is perfectly acceptable. You don't need to worry that you are doing a disservice to society, you're not, and you're not hurting a single person by not dating someone you aren't attracted to based on their skin color or features ,etc.

Correct Answer: No, hun, it's just your preference! Preference are never racist! Or sexist! Or anything -ist because you can't help it!

• It's okay if you don''t feel attracted to them by the way I hate two things in life one of them racisim and the other black people.

• no and you don't have to explain to anyone why.

• no your not racist at all

• You are not racist at all for having a personal preference.

Don't let what they say affect you.

• It doesn't make you racist as you are clearly respectful of black people but just do not choose to date a darker person. There is a clear line between being racist and having a preference. Oddly even people of their own color can be racist to their themselves. I do not sense any bigotry from you but you may of felt differently if as a baby you were around darker people.

• It doesn't make you racist at all

What Girls Said 8

• Being racist is feeling you are superior to another race.

Having hatred run through your veins because you don't like the color of that races skin.

Do you feel this way?

No, you are not racist.

You have a physical preference.

You are into certain types of men.

Does this make you close minded ?

Yes, because there are plenty of great men who can treat you right but because they don't look a certain way you close them off.

• You're not racist for having a preference. You date who you want to. Its just not what you're attracted to and there's nothing wrong with that.

• You just need to turn the response into a funny sarcastic one, if you ever feel

they will label you racist just cos they can't take your truth seriously.

• No, that doesn't make you racist.

• it doesn't, you ust have rpeferences

• no, it doesn't

• no I don't think so.

• There's a difference between not being attracted to a black guy and refusing to date a black guy. Think about it like hair color: maybe you are only attracted to blondes and only ever dated blondes. That's fine, but if a super sweet guy with brown hair asked you out and you declined simply because of his hair color, that's pretty shallow. So you can't help it if you've never dated a black guy, but if you are completely closed off to the idea, it's racist. Keep an open mind, you never know who's right for you.