Assume the guy is of approximately the same economic status as you.
What I mean by ‘strongly prefer’ is that it would be a MAJOR turn-off (maybe even a deal-breaker) if the guy did the opposite of what you prefer.
What I mean by paying for yourself is: either you get separate checks, or you split the bill equally or roughly equally.
This is a question about what you would prefer to happen, not necessarily what actually has happened on the dates you've gone on.
- I strongly prefer to pay for myself.9% (4)3% (1)6% (5)Vote
- I prefer to pay for myself, but it’s not a strong preference.29% (13)6% (2)19% (15)Vote
- I strongly prefer the guy pays.18% (8)12% (4)15% (12)Vote
- I prefer the guy pays, but it’s not a strong preference.42% (19)6% (2)27% (21)Vote
- I’m a girl who dates ONLY girls. / I’m a guy.2% (1)73% (24)33% (25)Vote
Most Helpful Girl
I prefer to pay for myself, but on the first date I won't insist on it (unless it's a really bad date and I know I won't see him again). When I ask a guy out, I'd prefer it if he let me take care of it (it's my show after all lol), buuut that rarely happens.
Anyway, yeah, all in all if I'm dating a guy I want us to be contributing fairly equally. And after the first few dates taking turns is preferable to splitting the bill. This is how I prefer it to be, and it's happened like that most of the time. There was one exception, but he wasn't a fellow (practically) broke student like me, so the different economic status aspect came into play a bit.1