How often should I be seeing him/hearing from him?

I've been seeing this guy for a couple weeks now (talked before that, but we're really a 'thing.) His job requires him to work very very long hours, so it limits the amount of time that I get to see him drastically. He'll usually text me goodmorning (if I don't text him first) and usually goodnight. Sometimes we talk throughout the day, sometimes we talk when he gets home, and sometimes I only get a goodmorning/goodnight text. It makes me feel like he's not 'there' enough for me. I get to see him one or two times a week, going 5-6 days without seeing him and barely talking. Am I being selfish? I try to not let him know that he bothers me because he can't do much about it, and I don't want to burden him with trying to please me. Is this too little communication/time together?

Most Helpful Guy

• There's no such thing as too much or too little. It just depends on the two people and if the time they have together suits them. Nobody can tell you if it's enough. You can only answer that yourself.

If he's really working "very very long hours" it kinda depends on what that means. By my definition of very very long hours it means he's going to work first thing in the morning and going to bed when he gets home, 7 days a week. If that's the case then seeing you a couple times a week is doing pretty good.

One thing you can try is see if he can meet you for lunch. Even if he's working long hours he still needs to eat. He might be so busy he can't even do that, but it's worth a try. He might eat at his deck and work, or eat with co-workers, etc.

What Guys Said 0

What Girls Said 5

• There are no excuses here... it take one second to drop you a note and say "hey sexy...just thinking about you.. xox". Tell him and go from there otherwise... nothing will ever change!

• it depends

• it really depends on the couple.

• Im in the same situation.. I see my boyfriend once a week and sometimes get a couple of texts a day... it sucks I miss him like crazy but he's working 2 jobs so I just make use of the time we do get to spend together and I can't wait for his next vacation!

• it depends