Why don't people just say what they mean?

I have been talking to this guy for almost a month and the past week he hasn't really been texting me. If I text him he would respond right away and would talk about getting together again and giving me compliments. I finally decided to ask him what was up with the sudden lack of initiative and first he said he is afraid of getting hurt and wants to get to know me better. How do you do that if you don't talk? Then he said I don't seem all that interested. I just feel like he's not that into me. Am I right?

Most Helpful Guy

• Saying what you mean requires you to know what you mean. Most people don't have the foggiest clue what they mean. The ability to articulate one's thoughts is actually really rare from a natural standpoint and really hard to learn from an academic one.

But that's not really your question so ... -sigh- Anyway considering your question why don't you just directly ask him if he is interested? You know, the theme of saying what you mean, etc. I did NOT mean to spot that glaring hole in the logic; be nice to me!

• I did ask him! I said I don't feel that he's interested because he hasn't been making any effort and that's when I got the I'm taking it slow line.

• I don't know how much you really want to invest in a person like this. From here on out it's your call but if the investment falls into "low-grade" just rain on his parade and obliterate him like the Death Star.

• Haha thanks!

What Guys Said 1

• people get in trouble when they say what they mean nowadays... that's why

What Girls Said 6

• He said he's afraid of getting hurt and wants to get to know you more = he's interested but suspects you aren't

More than what most men would have said, I reckon. Why don't you just get together again like he suggested and take it from there? Sometimes it's hard to get your emotions across through text if you don't really know the other person.

• Shyness

• My best advice is to ask.him directly and for him to no take another step because it would be hurtful for him to just lead you on..but I think if he's acting that way dump him better sooner than later ..:) you're beautiful you can do better

• because thye aren't courageous enoguh

• well so tha tthe other person still have interest in them

• because we are afraid to