This seems to be par for my course.

Girl online gives her number. We text for several days. I call...she doesn't answer, I leave a message. It's been 22 hrs..and I haven't got a call or text. Is 24 hrs safe to say she's purposly ignoring me? If not. What's the appropriate time to wait without taking it personally? I would never leave anyone hanging like this. If I was unable to return the call, Id at least send a little text saying so.

Most Helpful Guy

• Stop thinking about her and ignore her back. I sometimes leave my phone somewhere and don't look at it for days. Maybe it got lost, stolen, broken, ran out of battery on a trip... it may not even have anything to do with you.

When she does get back to you, don't mention the delay at all. Just make her wait the same amount of time before you respond. Quid pro quo, Clarise... quid pro quo.

• The things you mentioned might be the only excuses I would except. How many days would you let pass before just deleting the number?

• People are afraid of live calls these days, too personal, too realtime, too much vulnerability.

• Apparently.

What Girls Said 5

• This is what messed you up with her , I was reading a stmt you made to someone else . Believe me I never seemed needy..nor did I ever say what I thought of her. A needy guy would have called with in 24 hrs of getting the number. I contacted her 3 days later by text, and called 9 days after she gave her number. You said you contacted her 3 days later after she gave you her number , Have you ever thought about she's probably the kind of woman that men will call within an hour of meeting . I don't know how she looks , But beautiful women are contacted within minutes to hours after giving their number . I've had guys call me immediately , I never had a guy call me days later after giving my number . Because guys I've dated always call within hours , I'm in a relationship now of 7 years . But I'm pretty sure nothings changed except social networking , I'm not saying she excepts it . But not all women look at it as a man being desperate , It's actually showing that you really like this person. So basically you probably blew your chance with the opportunity of going out on your first date , Because you waited days to give her a call .

• I realize since she didn't give me her number in person, instead she gave it to me online where we met..I should have called with in 24-48 hrs max. Problem was, I was preparing to go out of town for the week. When I text her 3 days later, she sounded very happy to hear from me, and was really holding up her end of the conversation. If she's mad that I didn't call her in her time frame..that's not my problem. I don't like that she just went MIA on me all of a sudden. Its like she died.

• just move on from her

• i think you should wait a little longer, don't jump into conclusions either

• I guess I really don't have a choice whether to wait or not. Pretty ironic. Girl gives phone number without me asking...I call..she ignores the fact I ever called.

• no. wait a little longer!

• You don't think its rude to not reply at all by now? Unless she's in the hospital...I feel she doesn't have a good enough excuse.

• no of cours enot its normal.

• The key is it's NEVER personal, it's about them, not you. So when someone pulls stupid shyte like that, chalk it up as their loss and good for you for figuring they aren't worth your time early on.

• I agree. But, she always has seemed more aggressive and more interested than me. All until now. I'm really not upset she didn't return the call..I'm upset she has not at least sent a text saying hey...sorry I missed the call, I'll catch you later. But to flat out go silent for this long is very disapointing. Especially since she seemed in good spirits the day before.

• I agree, it would be disapointing. That's dating for you though, right? Ya gotta try out a lot of people before you find the right fit. She may surprise you yet, maybe she's super busy with work, or something traumatic happened in the family. Good luck to you.

• Thanks. I'm gonna need some luck.

What Guys Said 1

• What's the context on this, dating site or non dating site?

• Dating site.

• My cousin meets a lot of women online. The ones who are willing to meet after just one email are typically airheads/lonely. This is likely why Kheserthorpe's friend has to meet so many women per week. No woman in her right mind is going to meet after viewing his profile, and one email from him. Too many weirdos out there. Even weirdos can write good profiles. But after reading 3-5 emails from a person, asking them questions etc. you can notice email & profile differences if they're not legit.

• Most of the women he's dating are well educated professionals who work in the central business district, just like him (and often live nearby). Most of them are also going on multiple coffee/drink dates while trying to find someone to connect with. If you live in an area where 'meeting' is more of a travel then more back and forth might be useful. If you live in a big city, its more like 'lets grab an after work drink'.