Why would a guy show interest and then not text?

I met this guy. He is 30. And when we met he showed so much interest he said he wanted to take me or and keep seeing me. He was super nice. And we were both sober ( I met him at Vegas). He all me for my number and never texted me. We talk for like 5 hrs when we met. Why do guys do this, all for number if they don't plan on keeping in touch?

We live in the same city

Most Helpful Girl

• He may have spent a lot of time on you in Vegas and asked for your number, but you are the one who assumes that means he want to stay in touch. He didn't.

Like they say, what happens in Vegas stays in Vegas. A certain amount of people go there for one-off fun that can involve cheating on their partners at home or one-night stands. Guys can and will spend hours talking to an attractive girl in hopes of sex (and not just in Vegas). Only practiced players would ditch you after a short while to find another easier target.

What Guys Said 2

• I don't know some guys ask for lots of girls # , some are better at it then others , some guys its a big deal to get a girls # but for others its more natural and they gets lots of them . it really doesn't make sense why he decided to not keep in touch , maybe he just decided it wasn't going to work out or too much distance or something like that

• Wait, Vegas? That was your error.

• Ik, but we live in the same city.he said he wanted to keep in touch and take me out. We even went to the same school

• your comment sound really close to what might had happen.lol

• People do it all the time when they are really happy. I wonder if he won anything at a Casino or just hadn't had a vacation in a long time.

What Girls Said 3

• How long has it been? I'd give it about a week.

• guys text after a week? usually if I don't get a text the next day, I don't get any at all. I texted him the next day but to ask him a question and he replied really quick. He also said he missed me. its been like 6 days

• I would move on. It's not worth it.

• i don't htink you should worry about it

• becasue he wanted to see if he could get it but he has other options.